Positive stories about Wellbutrin

lizard

• 2 weeks later...

ok here goes. I have been on lexapro for about 4 months doc added on 75mg bupropion about 3 weeks ago (wimpy dose) I was not making alot of progress so he said cut lex in half (5mg) and start Wellbutrin 150mg XL. after cutting lex dose for 4 days and adding Wellbutrin I feel great almost scary. Has anyone else had such promising results in such a short time.

ok here goes. I have been on lexapro for about 4 months doc added on 75mg bupropion about 3 weeks ago (wimpy dose) I was not making alot of progress so he said cut lex in half (5mg) and start Wellbutrin 150mg XL. after cutting lex dose for 4 days and adding Wellbutrin I feel great almost scary. Has anyone else had such promising results in such a short time.

WB worked wonders for me almost from the very start. I'm happy to hear that it's having such a positive affect on you, but I'm worried about your feeling so good it's "scary." You meant "scary" in a good way, right?

-Bean

WB worked wonders for me almost from the very start. I'm happy to hear that it's having such a positive affect on you, but I'm worried about your feeling so good it's "scary." You meant "scary" in a good way, right?

-Bean

Yea a good way just been crappy for so long thought it was going to stay that way

Yea a good way just been crappy for so long thought it was going to stay that way

dtacmed:

Isn't it great to start feeling better? I know I felt so new, so refreshed once my depression lifted (for the most part, anyway) and I regained control over my life.

I'm so glad you're doing better! :hearts:

Be sure to keep us posted.

-Bean

dtacmed:

Isn't it great to start feeling better? I know I felt so new, so refreshed once my depression lifted (for the most part, anyway) and I regained control over my life.

-Bean

Just found this site and am impressed with the positive info on Wellbutrin. I'm starting Wellbutrin tomorrow - wish me luck!

Here's Hoping:

Hello and welcome! I'm glad you found us!

I'm wishing you all of the luck in the world! :hearts: So many people have found great success with Wellbutrin. I hope this works out well for you.

How many mgs will you be taking? Will you be increasing the dosage in the coming weeks? Is this your first time on meds?

Please keep us posted.

-Bean

I'm on my fourth day of WB. Things are going very well so far. The first day, it seemed like I had more energy and motivation. (Maybe a bit early for positive results but it certainly felt that way). I've had no grogginess, or sleeplessness. I took 100 mg for the first 3 days and today I am suppose to double the dose. So let's see how that goes. I was scared to try WB because at the beginning of 2005 I was on efexor and had a lot of negative side affects in the first few weeks as well as when I tapered off a year later. While on Effexor, I gained weight, lost my sex drive, always dry mouth, but yes I did feel better mentally for awhile until I couldn't handle the side affects anymore. So needless to say, I was leary about WB, but I heard that you're not suppose to gain weight or loose you SD. So I am hoping I'm on the right path to feeling a whole lot better with minimal to no side affects. As a newbie to this forum, I am encouraged by the positive comments I have read about WB. As for now, WB is agreeing with me - I know, it's only been 3 1/2 days, but hey, here's hoping!!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Hoping:

Hello and welcome! So good to have you with us!!!

I'm happy to hear that the WB is agreeing with you. WB is known for having low side effects, although there are a few to watch out for, namely sleepless nights and restlessness.

You doubled your dose, right? You're on 200 mgs now? Will this be your regular dosage, or will you be increasing again?

-Bean

Hoping:

Hello and welcome! So good to have you with us!!!

I'm happy to hear that the WB is agreeing with you. WB is known for having low side effects, although there are a few to watch out for, namely sleepless nights and restlessness.

You doubled your dose, right? You're on 200 mgs now? Will this be your regular dosage, or will you be increasing again?

-Bean

Hi Bean. Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am currently taking 200 mgs and will be seeing my doc as she wants to see how I'm doing on this dosage. From the sounds of some of the posters experiences with regards to rage and anxiety, I'm not sure I will want to increase my dose. I'm on day 6 and I have had no sleepless nights so far. I have experience slight restlessness, however if I keep busy, I don't notice it. I find myself feeling very sad sometimes though, but there again, I just try to keep busy with something and not dwell on things that make me sad. So far WB has been alot better for me that Effexor was with regards to side effects. I'm still hoping things will only get better for me now that I'm on WB. Here'sHoping! Chow.

Hi,

Well, I'm on day 13 of WB. Things are quite blah. I find myself crying very easily and don't experience the emotion of happiness. Has anyone experience this and will my emotions even out? If so, how long will it take? I also wake up in the middle of the night and struggle to fall asleep again which I eventually do and then I sleep restlessly. Anyone experienced this? I'm on 100 mgs in the AM and 100 mgs in the PM. I see my Dr. tomorrow to evaluate things. Any comments would be appreciated.

A Blah Here'sHoping :hearts:

Hoping:

Good to hear from you! Sorry things aren't going well.

WB often causes sleepless nights and restlessness. Try taking it in the morning, as early as possible. I take WB around 6 am. This has reduced the trouble I have sleeping.

Keep us posted, please.

Wishing you a good night's rest.

-Bean

Hoping:

Good to hear from you! Sorry things aren't going well.

WB often causes sleepless nights and restlessness. Try taking it in the morning, as early as possible. I take WB around 6 am. This has reduced the trouble I have sleeping.

Keep us posted, please.

Wishing you a good night's rest.

-Bean

Hi Bean, thanks for your reply. I currently take 100 mg in the AM and 100 mg in the PM. Are you suggesting that I take the full dose only in the AM (200 mg)?

Have a good nite, :hearts:

Hoping

Hoping:

My doc has advised my to take the full 300 mgs in the AM. It's helped immensely. I can sleep now. You may want to try moving your PM dose to the afternoon. Check with your doc first; he may want you to take doses x hours apart.

-Bean

• 3 months later...

dtacmed:

-Bean

Hi New here--well kinda I was a member a few years ago--forgot what my id was--lol-so I am new again--I just started taking welbutrin again after being off it for a couple of years---

I had great success with it the first time--got really motivated and lost the extra weight I tend to put on while depressed.

I want to add something --a bit of advice.

WELBUTRIN made me feel so normal that I thought I no longer needed it---and stoped taking it. I did well for awhile but then started sleeping more and not doing dishes--and so on --untill I got to the point where I was not happy--everything in my life is wonderful--really--I just found on joy in it--I knew that I was on the road back to where I had been--so I am three days back into the Welburtin--I Pray it works as well this time--

oh and I lost 30-35 pounds last time--I have gained 40 since being off Welbutrin--I pray it helps me get off my butt again and start living so I can drop this weight.

Awakened Dreams

Hey there,

Welcome back! :hearts:

It was nice to see your posting -- I have been on Wellbutrin a little over 5 weeks and I was just thinking yesterday that with the side effects gone from having started it, I'm actually starting to feel like my 'normal' self again -- I'm hoping that I see more improvement in the next week to 3 weeks as I've heard it can take up to 8 weeks for the full effect to be felt.

How long were you on Wellbtrin before?

J

Hey there,

Welcome back! :hearts:

It was nice to see your posting -- I have been on Wellbutrin a little over 5 weeks and I was just thinking yesterday that with the side effects gone from having started it, I'm actually starting to feel like my 'normal' self again -- I'm hoping that I see more improvement in the next week to 3 weeks as I've heard it can take up to 8 weeks for the full effect to be felt.

How long were you on Wellbtrin before?

J

Well I was on it the first time for 6 months that is when I lost the 35 pounds. I went off it because I just felt I did not need it--the doctor agreed--but I ended up back on it in a couple of months. I got off it after a year or more because of insurance reasons--but I will not be letting that happen again

• 2 weeks later...

I looked above to see anything about zaps but couldn't find it.

From MY experience, the only ZAPS I've heard people ever experiencing are when going off anti-depressants. It is a withdrawal effect usually caused mostly by anti-depressants like Zoloft and Cymbalta. It is possible to get zaps when going off any anti-depressant that works on serotonin in the brain. Wellbutrin doesn't work on Serotonin.

I've never heard of someone going off Wellbutrin (or being on Wellbutrin) having withdrawal effects or side effects that were like ZAPS (unless it's posted in here and I didn't see it).

My definition of ZAPS -- are brain zaps. When I tried going off Zoloft, I'd get what would feel like an electric zap in my brain or in my head. Kind of like where you'd get a headache but it's just like a lightning zap striking in your head -- it's very brief, not painful, but just disorienting and annoying. It usually comes along with being light headed and spaced out. I also, when experiencing withdrawal would have an 'out of time' feeling when I'd turn my head to the side to look at something -- it's like the view couldn't keep up with where my head was.

Hi Rattman,

You described brainzaps well. If you do a search in the other medications area you will find topics on it.

I have had MUCH experience with Wellbutrin over the years since I cannot tolerate SSRI's and I have never experienced a Brain Zap from WB.

Be Well.

~Lindsay, Forum Super Admin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i'm new here and i just had a question that perhaps someone could help me with. I know different meds affect everyone differently, but i just want a little advice.

I was diagnosed with major clinical depression about 4 years a go and have been taking Prozac since about that time. I guess it has helped me slightly, but if anything i just feel kind of foggy. I started on 20mgs and my Dr took it up to 60. It really has only a very slight affect, and i still find i have major bouts of depression.

I think that Wellbutrin might be a better choice for me, since after all this time the SSRI has done so little. I only just recently became aware that i have a choice when it comes to my meds, and that Prozac might simply not work for me.

Is there anyone who has had a similar experience with Prozac and found Wellbutrin to be more helpful?

I too am just starting on wellbutrin (300mgs in the AM.)

This is my first week on the full dose, and I've got to tell you, I feel so foggy. I feel like I am going through the day under water. Kind of zombie-like.

I am also a bit jittery. I can't sit still, racing thoughts, easily distracted, etc...

Has anyone else had an experience like this on WB? And will it gradually subside so I can get on to all of the good side effects mentioned here?

I must say, that I hope I don't experience any weight loss! I have been skinny all my life, and can't afford to lose what I've got.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've only been on wellbutrin SR 300mg for a month solo, they started me when I was still on paxil and trying to get off it. I have had an interesting experience lately. I didn't know that wellbutrin would suppress my apetite SO MUCH. I have to MAKE myself eat for the first time in my life. I am very excited about this because I am about 50lbs overweight and this could be my push to be healthier and more active. But it is still the strangest feeling, I go to eat dinner, put food in my mouth and my body says: "no I don't want that!" Has anyone else had this experience and if so how did you deal with it?

Thanks for the imput :hearts:

nataone