So stuck

I'm so stuck right now. I have dental bills that are going to be around 2000 dollars and my parents want me to get more hours to be able to help them pay for it.n My stepdad thinks that working 30 hours a week will help my mental health but the idea of doing that makes me want to explode.Right now I'm working 15 to 20 hours per week. I guess I'm going to have to increase to at least 25 hours a week but i really dont want to. I'm trying to balance school and work and if i do poorly in school this semester I'm completely screwed and I wont get any financial support from my parents anymore. I'm planning on moving to massachusetts for college but my parents dont think i can do it. They also confronted me today on how i look. They basically said i look like crap and reiterated that over and over and said that i should have more respect for myself with how i dress. They basically said that everyone who sees me thinks i look like crap and is judging me for it so thats really cool. I've been painting my nails and keeping them long, im a pre transition trans person, and my parents are going to make me keep them short. The idea of them policing how i look makes me insanely uncomfortable. I just want to die to be honest this feels so effing impossible. I tried to sleep but i just couldnt make my brain calm down. I dont even know what to do with myself anymore my mental illness is ruining my life. I just want to be away from my parents. I just want to be able to live.

Hi Cent,

One thing you could do is get a student loan and move into a dorm and pick work hours you can handle if you want to get away from your family.

I don't know if you told them you are transgender or not you could try if you think they would be nice.

Also colleges typically offer counseling services and lgbt advocacy groups, I would try to get regular counseling in the college and visit the lgbt groups at your college as they would better be able to help you or show you other resources you could use.

On 3/10/2022 at 12:03 AM, Evergreenforst4 said:

Hi Cent,

One thing you could do is get a student loan and move into a dorm and pick work hours you can handle if you want to get away from your family.

I don't know if you told them you are transgender or not you could try if you think they would be nice.

Also colleges typically offer counseling services and lgbt advocacy groups, I would try to get regular counseling in the college and visit the lgbt groups at your college as they would better be able to help you or show you other resources you could use.

Yeah thats my plan right now. Its just getting there that's taking forever. I'm trying to apply to a college but i need to write an essay and my adhd is just stopping me from doing so. I do go to counseling right now, just not as often as id like. my parents do know about me being trans and theyre not unsupportive but they are kind of implicitly against it, like they just say rude things sometimes.

Hi Cent,

I experienced people who are toxic and try to demean you down. My advice is to try to surround yourself with positive people (friends maybe). I believe you are in the stage of high school and it must be tough. Find a community who accepts you for who you are and be involve in hobbies you enjoy. Also I understand the difficulties of pressure in your family. Don't put everything on yourself, take a breath and take one step at a time.