hello

Val56

Hi Val56,

I have had depression for a long time and I managed to climb out of the pit.

One aspect of depression is that it can be from a reduced amygdala. There are many foods and vitamins you can try that will help boost mood and positive thinking and getting enough sleep is important. I used to be in the military and I learned sleep deprivation will make depression worse.

If you can boost your mood for a long enough time your brain changes and then it is way to get out of the pit of depression. One good vitamin is D if you do not get out much live in a low sunlight area. B12 is also good for the brain as well. Mood boosting foods are cashews, dark chocolate.

16 hours ago, Evergreenforst4 said:

Hi Val56,

I have had depression for a long time and I managed to climb out of the pit.

One aspect of depression is that it can be from a reduced amygdala. There are many foods and vitamins you can try that will help boost mood and positive thinking and getting enough sleep is important. I used to be in the military and I learned sleep deprivation will make depression worse.

If you can boost your mood for a long enough time your brain changes and then it is way to get out of the pit of depression. One good vitamin is D if you do not get out much live in a low sunlight area. B12 is also good for the brain as well. Mood boosting foods are cashews, dark chocolate.

Thank you!! That is very helpful

On 3/5/2022 at 9:21 PM, Val56 said:

Thank you!! That is very helpful

You are welcome.

Some other things that help are staying hydrated. Regular excercise, we need strength usually 2 to 4 days. Cardio 3 to 5 and stretching is good everyday. Basically strength training causes tearing the in muscles they need enough time to heal. Bodybuilders and some athletes will do this more frequently but they often take supplements to speed up the rate at which they can naturally recover. For someone with depression you can do bodybuilding but you go through a lot of surges of feelings so it is better to do gradually and start small. Healthy relationships, spirituality and work life balance are the other things that are helpful as well.

I guess also identifying the cause of depression is good. Some people are happy but experienced a sad or traumatic event and shock and horror or such traumatic things can take a lot of time or work to heal from. Some have okayish lives but still feel depressed this is where digging deep can help find what the root cause is.

Edited by Evergreenforst4

• 2 weeks later...