Sign in to follow this  
lestat

What Dose Of Sertraline(zoloft) Are You On?

ZOLOFT DOSAGE  

621 members have voted

1. 1. What dose of Zoloft (or generic equivalent) are you on?

• 25mg
    • 50mg
    • 75mg
    • 100mg
    • 125mg
    • 150mg
    • 175mg
    • 200mg or more
  2. 2. How effective are you finding this dose?

• Very Effective
    • Somewhat Effective
    • Not very effective
    • I don't feel any different
    • Still adjusting dose, too early to tell
  3. 3. How long have you been on this dose?

• 1-2 weeks
    • 3-4 weeks
    • 4-5 weeks
    • 6-7 weeks
    • 8-9 weeks
    • 10 weeks or longer

I dont know how I feel about being on 100mg of zoloft like it kinda feels like it is working with my depression maybe I need to bump it to 150 but I kind of like where I am at so so far.

If you haven't been on 100mg for too long, give it some more time. I found out that this is the perfect dose for me, but it took about 8 weeks for me to know.

I just started on 25mg two days ago after being on lexapro for eight weeks. Lexapro made me extremely fatigued and I was sleeping most of my weekends away. Too soon to tell for sure but I already feel more awake and with it.

Glad to hear it, I hope this is the med for you. I've tried this med and Venlafaxine and I'm glad I'm back on Sertraline.

Edited by flasquish

Hi, This is my first online forum.

Due to recent stresses and anxiety I increased my Zoloft from 125 to 150. This is day 5 of my increased dose. I am finding mornings to be the worst. After I take my increased dose I feel drowsy and a little bit nauseous. I'm certain that the increase has heightened my feelings of anxiety. I remember first starting Zoloft in 2008. I started at 50 …that was a little scary. I would look at myself in the mirror and felt somehow removed from what I was seeing. Maybe a 25 start up would have been better for me. It has worked beautifully once my body adapted. I went from 50 to 100 to 125 over the last few years and now to 150. I know Zoloft works better for me when combined with therapy and time for myself. Not having time for myself will always bring feelings of being overwhelmed and then anxiety. It is so hard to find time for myself when I am bringing up 3 children alone. I am hoping the increase will take affect soon. Is 5 days too early to expect an improvement? The anxiety in the morning is horrible and I can barely keep my eyes open. My anxiety subsides in the evening - but the mornings are killers. Any comments or words of reassurance would be most welcome …please :verysad3:

Hi, This is my first online forum.

Due to recent stresses and anxiety I increased my Zoloft from 125 to 150. This is day 5 of my increased dose. I am finding mornings to be the worst. After I take my increased dose I feel drowsy and a little bit nauseous. I'm certain that the increase has heightened my feelings of anxiety. I remember first starting Zoloft in 2008. I started at 50 …that was a little scary. I would look at myself in the mirror and felt somehow removed from what I was seeing. Maybe a 25 start up would have been better for me. It has worked beautifully once my body adapted. I went from 50 to 100 to 125 over the last few years and now to 150. I know Zoloft works better for me when combined with therapy and time for myself. Not having time for myself will always bring feelings of being overwhelmed and then anxiety. It is so hard to find time for myself when I am bringing up 3 children alone. I am hoping the increase will take affect soon. Is 5 days too early to expect an improvement? The anxiety in the morning is horrible and I can barely keep my eyes open. My anxiety subsides in the evening - but the mornings are killers. Any comments or words of reassurance would be most welcome …please :verysad3:

Mornings are bad for me too, wake up feeling like I'm gonna jump out of my skin. I just recently 2 weeks ago increased my Zoloft from 100mg to 150mg and really haven't felt much of a difference. I've been on it since 05

I'm currently up to 200mg. I feel better, but every dose increase so far makes me feel good for a few days to a week before "pooping out."

Fingers crossed that this is the right dose for me and the "better" lasts!

- Christina

I've been on Zoloft for years. I went off it for while and my anxiety went through the roof. I'm back on it now and my anxiety is a ton better but my depression is still bad. I've been on an anti psychotic before that seems to help but I can't afford it right now. :(

50 mg (4 weeks so far), 25 mg for 1 week to start. 

I can finally post my results in this thread, because I've now been on sertraline for about 5 weeks and I can finally say I feel very close to "normal". Side effects have all subsided and I feel like what I felt like pre-medication minus anxiety. I know it's working because I'm not as emotionally volatile as I would be.

Good luck everyone!

50 mg (4 weeks so far), 25 mg for 1 week to start. 

I can finally post my results in this thread, because I've now been on sertraline for about 5 weeks and I can finally say I feel very close to "normal". Side effects have all subsided and I feel like what I felt like pre-medication minus anxiety. I know it's working because I'm not as emotionally volatile as I would be.

Good luck everyone!

That's awesome news! So happy to hear that you're feeling better :hugs:

I was surprised to see that I am the only one on 200mg. I started on 25 for bout a week then 50 for 2 weeks then 100 for 2 weeks and started 200 today. Im not very confident about it because I havnt been feeling any better at all. The reason she up'd me is cause I am sleeping more and she thinks that might be an indication it will help but I still feel more horrible even though im sleeping more (probably sleeping too much now). What made me decide to try one higher does is because ive already put in so many weeks I may as well stick it out otherwise she would have switched me to something else and i would just have to start again.

the scary part is that she gave me double dose so that I dont run out in two weeks (cause they only make 100mg tablets) and I still have some from previous scripts... and im tempted just to take them all, everything in the cubboard actually... i went off the track a bit there... sorry

I'm on 200 mg, have been for 3 years. Out of all the meds I have tried, this one has the least amount of side effects for me.

I am still struggling, but cannot say it isn't working because I am still here, and it helps me think bit more rationally.

I'm on 50 mg... and been on it for a little less than a month. started with 25 for a few days then upped to 50 as per the dr's advice. it took a long time for me to be able to take this step but I felt like I just couldn't handle any more.

Sorry to report that upping the dosage didn't do anything for me, and now I've weaned off sertraline. It was the same with cipralex. I feel like SSRIs are only effective in the initial stages for me (as per the typical "numbing" effect or limiting the range of emotions). Once I'm acclimated to that effect, and the particular life trigger has passed, it feels like I might as well not be taking anything.

Hi there. I wanted to know your opinions. Do you think its better to take Zoloft with or without food? and what about morning vs. nights?? I just started taking Zoloft and its my 3rd day today. just trying to set up a schedule/routine for it so I will never end up forgetting. Thanks!!

I started 75mg a week ago, after having been on 50 for 2 weeks.  The 50 helped, but not enough.  I'm going through the start-up side effects again-- increased anxiety and depression on 75 but without the initial drowsiness caused by 50. I plan to stick it out.

I was pretty weird at work yesterday, frantic and babbling about my problems, and Zoloft.  I can't imagine what my co-workers must have thought.

Please, let this work.  I want my old self back.  I want a life again.