Goals for 2022

I thought we could use a place to write down our goals (I prefer that term to resolutions, it feels more concrete) for 2022, and even maybe update with how we're doing throughout the year. Here are my goals:

1- Eat more healthy foods, like fruits and vegetables (and less junk).

2- Drink more water (and less diet soda).

3- Do at least 10-15 minutes of exercise, on average, in the evenings.

4- Read more books.

5- Write more, even if I think it's garbage I'm coming up with.

6- Find more ways to practice mindfulness. I want to be a calmer person. 

Ok, so how about you guys--do you have any 2022 goals? 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been walking more. Not nearly as much as I used to, and I could totally do more, but I have to start somewhere. And I think I'm been mad/in denial that I can't immediately just bounce back. It's going to take effort and hard work.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

My sugar addiction is worse than ever. I'm not sure I'll ever be free of it 🤔 I need to cut it down though. At my age,  its gonna make me ill 😬

Well it's very hard.  We all have a blood sugar reading.  We all have a certain amount of sugar from something in our blood all the time and sadly because it's addictive the higher the blood sugar reading is the more our mind will think we need.  We all need something though to get through the dead of winter.  It's so depressing this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Learn how to cook healthy meals I actually want to eat and enjoy !

2. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week

3. Sleep before 1 am

4. Be more active. Not just exercise but socially too. I just want to be productive and take actions towards making a difference for myself

5. learn a new hobby

6. read 3 books

Edited by June322

• 1 month later...

Nearly 4 months in, and I'm just getting back to a point where I'm hopeful again. I've been in a lot of pain and stress for the last couple months, but things are looking up *knock on wood*. I'd like to really start working out again, because being out of shape is one of the things that depresses me. If I can regain some confidence, I can get this year back on track. To everyone: it's not too late to reach your goals! 

On 1/1/2022 at 8:03 PM, sober4life said:

2 new windows for the house

A generator for the house

I'm going to work on my love life.  I'm tired of sitting here bitter angry and alone all the time.

I've been working on my goals.  The first one will be taken care of on Friday.  The second one July 1st.  The third yes I need to get back into shape too.  I've been dealing with pain as well.  When you make plans into the future you sure don't expect well maybe one day my hands won't work.  Maybe one day I can't even walk.  It's been a huge test every single day but I won't ever give up.

• 1 month later...

So I drank a 1/2 gallon of water yesterday, which is what the doctor suggested. I didn't think I'd actually do it, since most days I don't drink enough liquids. But someone I managed it, and now I"m more confident that I can achieve this more often. I'm proud of accomplishing this small feat. 

24 minutes ago, evalynn said:

So I drank a 1/2 gallon of water yesterday, which is what the doctor suggested. I didn't think I'd actually do it, since most days I don't drink enough liquids. But someone I managed it, and now I"m more confident that I can achieve this more often. I'm proud of accomplishing this small feat. 

I think that its really healthy to keep persevering with our goals, no matter how small they are. There is usually something we can do to improve our life even if it's a (so called) small thing. 

One small healthy and consistent change can benefit you for years to come. Even if it lasts a day, it will improve your health for that day 🤔 so it's always worth it in my opinion.

I salute your efforts. I know you're a perfectionist like me (beat yourself up) and keen to be healthy (also like me). Being a perfectionist and anxiety and depression prone makes things extra difficult so progress is extra special. Let us be proud of every little achievement!