Worried

Hi all. Not been on in a while. Things have not been good lately. On 17th I had my booster shot and was quite unwell with dizzyness. Then on the 20th my mum got covid she’s had all 3 vaccines. Im my mums unofficially carer as she lives on her own and has other health conditions. Luckily enough she didn’t have symptoms very bad. Bit of a headache loss taste and smell. 4 days later she tested negative. Which I was happy about. But then Xmas eve my 10 year old daughter tested positive which really upset me.my daughter symptoms haven’t been to bad. Bit of a headache feeling hot and loss of smell. She’s still testing positive at the minute.  Im trying not to act different towards her but she keeps wanting to cuddle me and I’m terrified to go near her. Then today 27th my husband tested positive. My anxiety levels are thro the roof. I suffer with costochondritis which is really flaring  up at minute due to all the stress. I feel like locking myself in a cupboard and crying. I’m trying to be strong to look after my daughter and husband. It’s really testing my strength as all I can think bout is doing something to release the pain. Sorry to moan but I have no one else to talk to. 

Edited by dontnowat2doanymore
Missed something

What a terrible load of misfortune to be placed on your shoulders!  Any one of the things you went through or are going through would give me rolling panic attacks.  I cannot even imagine what it must be like for you to be enduring all of them.  Yikes!  I don't know what costochondritis is so I will have to look it up.  So very very sorry you are suffering.  I wish I knew what to say that would help.  My heart goes out to you!

Hi,

To me mental health kind of feels like quick sand. You can freak out and spiral into an abyss of madness if you let it.

I think it is best to stay to stay resilient mentally. These people are more likely to have cancer go in remission and stronger immunity being resilient. Just because you get covid you can still survive and then if you do you would have more immunity.

If you can stay calm you can focus on doing what is best for helping the family stay calm to recover.

Edited by Evergreenforst4

I tested positive on the 30th but wasnt to bad,im just sick of being locked up in house,

My step dad tested postitive on the 19th, he lives alone. He started with covid then got sickness and diarriah, then couldnt keep anything in and couldnt shake symptoms of covid off, He said he had good days and bad days then on the 27th he started going down hill so my mum called a ambulance and he got took into hospital and they said he had something called covid pneumonia and had fluid on his lungs and a crackle at bottom. his oxgene levels were 80 when he first went in. Then 31st his oxygen levels went upto 95 and they said he was only using 5% himself all the rest was the machine. He then got a infection which they are unsure what it is. so they then started on antibiotics.Then 2nd jan we got a call saying he had a heart attack and a clot on his heart, Then today 3rd they have made desicion to put him on a ventilator to help with his breathing as his body is struggling with it all. The hospital has said theres a slim chance he may not come back of the ventilator, my step Dad is only 57 and this is first thing in his life hes ever had. Hes had flu and colds and fought them off, We are all devestated as hes a strong man usually.

• 2 weeks later...

My step dads ventalator got turned off today 12/1/22 😰😰😰. He’s organs were all shutting down and he had several infections including sepsis over past few days. My mum is taking it badly. I’m trying to stay strong to support her. My step dads wishes were no funeral just straight from hospital to be cremated then collect ashes. We just all feel numb and shocked. The hospital kept telling us over past week his oxygen levels are doing okay and coming down. He’s got few infections but he’s on strong antibiotics which are working. Even this morning the nurse rang and said he’s oxygen levels are okay. Then at 12 the doctor rang and said you need to come in as he’s body shutting down and we turning the ventilator off. My mum and sister sat with him while he drifted away. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. This pandemic is like wartime. Danger all around and the best we can do is to soldier on. I rushed out to get the vaccine and booster as soon as I was allowed, but I still feel under siege whenever I go about in public.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, past month I’ve been having dreams bout my dad who died in 2016 and he says some awful stuff to me in these dreams ie your to stupid, I’m ashamed of you, your not part of this family, even stupid people pass there theory test (only done mock ones but can’t pass 😞), you have wasted your life (I’m 33).  I don’t no why this has started happening but it’s proper getting me down. I’m currently in isolation with covid for 2nd time due out Friday day before my birthday. I just feel proper down and like I don’t even wanna try and get back up.