How to beat fear and go to ER while depressed.?

Zagor

I know this is not an easy or even a good question but due to my physical symptoms I need a gastroscopy. My doctor agrees but there's only the referral he can do and told me to keep going to ER every day until they probably get tired of me and get it done. I was there on Friday they refused it.

But how can I can go daily when I am soooo depressed and am getting scared of rejections it's like they don't believe me or something. But going daily or almost every day is the only way to get it done cuz they don't have private ones.

3 hours ago, nojoy said:

@Zagor

Even with a referral from your medical doctor, you can't see a gastroenterologist for this procedure?  I hope you get help soon. I know this is making daily life hard & spending every day going to the ER & waiting to be seen is worse.

The way it works here is complicated. Doctors are very reluctant to send you to a GI  if they do it has to be specific otherwise GI will refuse it like it happened in my case. Waiting times are at least 1 year, partially because it is free and partialy because of covid. But I did manage to get it done yesterday. It is weird how you can have scary symptoms and negative test results.

IDK which is better or worse. Free health care but long waiting times or expensive hc but having to pay. The latter one is better if you have money but if you don't it's tough. I have friends and family in the states and some can't get treated because they can't afford and here no worries about pay but you can die due to waiting.