Jump to content

everything feels pointless


semicolon

Recommended Posts

Does anyone else believe that their life is meant to be a bad? im agnostic but what if reincarnation is real and in my past life i was a bad person so now in this life i am meant to suffer? if that is true i really hope this isnt a long life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, semicolon said:

Does anyone else believe that their life is meant to be a bad? im agnostic but what if reincarnation is real and in my past life i was a bad person so now in this life i am meant to suffer? if that is true i really hope this isnt a long life. 

I am agnostic too. Thats what makes us to seek the truth. I would say that pain is real but suffering is our choice. Whats happening with u?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 1:46 AM, semicolon said:

Does anyone else believe that their life is meant to be a bad? im agnostic but what if reincarnation is real and in my past life i was a bad person so now in this life i am meant to suffer? if that is true i really hope this isnt a long life. 

you aren't a bad person. you weren't meant to suffer. illnesses happen randomly to people that's my belief ...and it just so happened that most of us on this forum are struggling with mental health issues..  other people suffer with other illnesses (cancer, etc) .. it's not easy, it's not fair, it's hard not to question life and ask why me, when it hurts so much ....because usually we don't get those type of answers.

again others might feel differently because of religion, but that's my belief, i'm agnostic too and I respect the religions of others, but I dont think religion and illness have anything to do with it)

you have every right to believe whatever you want as far as religion, no one has the right to judge you. I hope you feel better, but sadly I feel the same as you I hope this isn't a really long life because I'm getting tired too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 7:08 AM, pdh said:

I am agnostic too. Thats what makes us to seek the truth. I would say that pain is real but suffering is our choice. Whats happening with u?

why do you think suffering is our choice, when clearly nothing can be done to change the illness we are battling. I've been dealing with this for over 2 decades, and I always hided it, i faked pretended to be happy , but after a while you get to a point where you can no longer do those things. For many years you can pretend, hope that something will change, that you will beat this illness, but what if you try things and you only become worse or remain the same?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

Sadly for me everything is pointless as well at this point...

Yep….especially my job. I just don’t care at all and will only do the bare minimum required of me. A couple of mistakes I made were pointed out to me and I fixed them but I should care more about it than I do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish I was any other animal instead of a human.  We're probably the only animal that thinks everything should have meaning to it along with everyone giving us a list of everything we should do along with a timetable on when we should do those things.  If you see them they're angry and bitter but still point us down the road they themselves didn't even like just because it's what you do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

why do you think suffering is our choice, when clearly nothing can be done to change the illness we are battling. I've been dealing with this for over 2 decades, and I always hided it, i faked pretended to be happy , but after a while you get to a point where you can no longer do those things. For many years you can pretend, hope that something will change, that you will beat this illness, but what if you try things and you only become worse or remain the same?

I am very sorry to hear about the illness which is troubling you. 

I think we need to differentiate between the pain and suffering. Pain, illness, physical ailments however unfortunate often occur  due to external factors and hence  we do not have much control over them. We need to accept them as it is and whenever there are opportunities to eliminate them physically through medicine, therapy etc., we should do that. 

After we have done the best possible thing to reduce them, we  need to accept it as it is. This is not easy I agree with you. Once we accept this as it is and live with it while we seek keep solutions.   Things may or may not change. 

Suffering is the state of mind.  We have control over  the way we deal with pain/illness/ailment. We can either suffer the  or live with it.

We should not  pretend that we are happy when we are not, I absolutely agree with you.

I know it is easy to say all these and not easy to live. This is what I have done. Whenever I face illness/pain/difficulty I simply thank that I have the opportunity to deal with this new thing. This has helped me a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I wish I was any other animal instead of a human.  We're probably the only animal that thinks everything should have meaning to it along with everyone giving us a list of everything we should do along with a timetable on when we should do those things.  If you see them they're angry and bitter but still point us down the road they themselves didn't even like just because it's what you do.

Exactly, there may be no meaning at all to what we do. We need to ask ourselves "why do what we are doing" and live in the society. The society gives us sustenance and security. Since we are born in this social structure and do not know how  to live outside of this we probably should live within this while we seek these answers. Listen to the consciousness during the spare time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, monicott17 said:

Yep….especially my job. I just don’t care at all and will only do the bare minimum required of me. A couple of mistakes I made were pointed out to me and I fixed them but I should care more about it than I do. 

Yes absolutely, just do bare minimum and spend rest of time seeking within ourselves the answers to our suffering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, pdh said:

I am very sorry to hear about the illness which is troubling you. 

I think we need to differentiate between the pain and suffering. Pain, illness, physical ailments however unfortunate often occur  due to external factors and hence  we do not have much control over them. We need to accept them as it is and whenever there are opportunities to eliminate them physically through medicine, therapy etc., we should do that. 

After we have done the best possible thing to reduce them, we  need to accept it as it is. This is not easy I agree with you. Once we accept this as it is and live with it while we seek keep solutions.   Things may or may not change. 

Suffering is the state of mind.  We have control over  the way we deal with pain/illness/ailment. We can either suffer the  or live with it.

We should not  pretend that we are happy when we are not, I absolutely agree with you.

I know it is easy to say all these and not easy to live. This is what I have done. Whenever I face illness/pain/difficulty I simply thank that I have the opportunity to deal with this new thing. This has helped me a lot.

Yes but most people don't respond to medications 1 in 3 does..so that's a big problem for such an illness. So people try and try, but nothing ever changes, after a while you are physically and mentally exhausted ...Not to mention that many times people get side effects from the medications, that are even permanent so that is hard for people to accept too, on top of the actual illness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

Yes but most people don't respond to medications 1 in 3 does..so that's a big problem for such an illness. So people try and try, but nothing ever changes, after a while you are physically and mentally exhausted ...Not to mention that many times people get side effects from the medications, that are even permanent so that is hard for people to accept too, on top of the actual illness.

I understand this is a real problem. It can be really frustrating when we do not know why it is happening to us. It is not easy to accept due to the permanent effects.

If we can do something "we should do it". However, there are certain situations when we do not know of there is nothing more we can do, in these situations we need to accept the and do our best to move on.

Its easy to say and difficult to practice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pdh said:

I understand this is a real problem. It can be really frustrating when we do not know why it is happening to us. It is not easy to accept due to the permanent effects.

If we can do something "we should do it". However, there are certain situations when we do not know of there is nothing more we can do, in these situations we need to accept the and do our best to move on.

Its easy to say and difficult to practice. 

after years ...decades i've somewhat accepted it, i still don't think its fair that i suffer so much, like many of us, but who said life was fair?

i just pretend and some people in my life know and other nosy people ask me stuff, but i ignore them . however, i dont know if i can be able to continue to pretending for the rest of my life that's my problem 😞 you get to a point where nothing seems to matter anymore

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

after years ...decades i've somewhat accepted it, i still don't think its fair that i suffer so much, like many of us, but who said life was fair?

i just pretend and some people in my life know and other nosy people ask me stuff, but i ignore them . however, i dont know if i can be able to continue to pretending for the rest of my life that's my problem 😞 you get to a point where nothing seems to matter anymore

very sorry to hear that u have suffered for a long time. Unfortunately, life appears unfair to a few. I will pray for u that things will change.

Pretension is very tasking. It strips us of reality and with nosy people around one wishes to get away from all.  We need to get away from those who seem to make us feel bad or force us to pretend. I would not be able to pretend for long. Once we understand nothing matters unless we are well, we will begin to drop the pretension. Its not easy since our fantasy world of pretension has to fall one day.

I can only send all my good thoughts to u now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 12:46 AM, semicolon said:

Does anyone else believe that their life is meant to be a bad? im agnostic but what if reincarnation is real and in my past life i was a bad person so now in this life i am meant to suffer? if that is true i really hope this isnt a long life. 

I also can't find the point of this life. Sometimes to the point where my therapist calls it "existential crisis".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 8:04 PM, sober4life said:

I wish I was any other animal instead of a human.  We're probably the only animal that thinks everything should have meaning to it along with everyone giving us a list of everything we should do along with a timetable on when we should do those things.  If you see them they're angry and bitter but still point us down the road they themselves didn't even like just because it's what you do.

I think this is a very important point. We are all expected to conform, no matter how sick the society is in which we live. Just today, I was listening to a talk on the radio about this atoll in the southern Pacific that was taken over by the US military during WWII. The occupation brought rats to the island...and the entire habitat was quickly destroyed. This depressed the whee out of me because people seem to trash everything they come in contact with--in the name of progress or whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...