Time is flying

Zagor

I don't know is it just me and my illness but I feel that time passes extremely fast. It literally feels like it was a month ago when I went to the hospital last October for abdominal pain. Some say time seems to go faster after 40 but I think it's the lifestyle and mental illness of course. The problem is there is no real health brakes and in no time another year will pass by. Beginning of May this year I started feeling better without any drug changes but not well enough. And of course my brother's illness and covid related fears didn't let me try taking advantage to feel even better. So these few months also went by too fast. I thought my depersonalization makes time go faster but I've had the condition for decades and only the last 2-3 years went by scary fast for me.

Anyone else feels this way? I suppose younger people (upto 35) don't have this problem. But then again I see 50 and 60 year olds who are so ambitious and they work like they are gonna live forever.

I think time flies by during times like these because you don't really have much time to stop and think during these times.  Every day is survival.  When do I rest?  When people see me posting here.  Other than that I'm going full force in life just to keep my head above water in this life.  I think time flies by when things are very good or very bad because of all the things that are there distracting us.  Then of course there are the paranoid days when I think the government is able to speed up and slow down time for everyone.:unsure:

5 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I think time flies by during times like these because you don't really have much time to stop and think during these times.  Every day is survival.  When do I rest?  When people see me posting here.  Other than that I'm going full force in life just to keep my head above water in this life.  I think time flies by when things are very good or very bad because of all the things that are there distracting us.  Then of course there are the paranoid days when I think the government is able to speed up and slow down time for everyone.:unsure:

(Up early) Did you notice how all cell phones and websites are connected to a network and they get their TIME from a central source. Who controls that source the what time is it function. Could the govt or some group actually be controlling the time on your cell phone? As far as survival mode, I get that I’m working hard now on writing so that later I wont have to be so dependent on social security. But sooner or later I will be on SSN and their time. I will be a puppet? When they can reset my alarm clock and wake me up anytime they want me to dance.

1 hour ago, Bbqdad said:

(Up early) Did you notice how all cell phones and websites are connected to a network and they get their TIME from a central source. Who controls that source the what time is it function. Could the govt or some group actually be controlling the time on your cell phone? As far as survival mode, I get that I’m working hard now on writing so that later I wont have to be so dependent on social security. But sooner or later I will be on SSN and their time. I will be a puppet? When they can reset my alarm clock and wake me up anytime they want me to dance.

Yeah we see automatic time change as something convenient for us though.  The world likes doing that giving us a good reason they're doing things while hiding the bad reason they're doing things.  Oh well they had access to all of our phones we say.  They made it easier for us.

Daylight Savings Time or DST was originally proposed by Benjamin Franklin in a cheeky essay suggesting that people in Paris could save money on burning candles if they woke up earlier.

If you don't want to use a centralized clock you can also use a sun dial which ancient civilazations have used for thousands of years. Mayans also invented some calendars.

The premise of time is simple, it is basically the earth completing one rotation, so if the planet earth spun slower, a day would take longer than 24 unit hours of time while a year is the actually orbit around the sun (planet earth spins and rotates around the sun because of the sun's size it has a pulling effect so the planets orbit the sun) I think it is not exactly 365 which might be why we have leap year but I will need to verify that.

The government is not able to control that although they are looking into ramming asteroids to alter an orbit. Sometimes the government pushes anti-intellectual agendas (culture makes fun of nerds, college is so expensive as a barrier)

Edited by Evergreenforst4
spelling

The government has helped me with my paranoia though because I know they're not actually able to do anything.  Do I think they can control the spin of the earth?  I don't think most of them could even spin around the room without crashing through the living room window.

Edited by sober4life

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

The government has helped me with my paranoia though because I know they're not actually able to do anything.  Do I think they can control the spin of the earth?  I don't think most of them could even spin around the room without crashing through the living room window.

You got that right. Mostly they talk. Propaganda. I don’t have a TV for 2 years now. I don’t watch news or subscribe to any media channels. I read. I read everyday and I write everyday. I just wrote a 3000 word piece called “How Willie Nelson Triggered My First Manic Episode” I will post a link on my About Section of Profile.

1 hour ago, Bbqdad said:

You got that right. Mostly they talk. Propaganda. I don’t have a TV for 2 years now. I don’t watch news or subscribe to any media channels. I read. I read everyday and I write everyday. I just wrote a 3000 word piece called “How Willie Nelson Triggered My First Manic Episode” I will post a link on my About Section of Profile.

Nobody can safely watch the news for too long without becoming a part of their group.  They use the same tactics they use in cults.  If you watch too long you get too sucked in and can't get away.  You have to become one of them.  Yep it's scary.  My bipolar disorder started with Nintendo.  I got it the first Christmas it was available.  I very much believe this is a monster I've created and I keep going by continuing addictive behavior.  I'm a real life landfill from beerfest.  I fully believe I'm like this because I'm constantly overcorrecting things back and forth all day every day but I have no idea how to relax and let myself be calm and stable.  There is no fixing me.  I'm going to ride the rollercoaster until the end and maybe that's what I want to do.  Rollercoasters are fun right?:unsure:

On 10/23/2021 at 4:15 AM, sober4life said:

Then of course there are the paranoid days when I think the government is able to speed up and slow down time for everyone.:unsure:

Do you get those thought that the gov't is doing that? I don't see how would that be possible but I've heard it from people who don't suffer any mental illnesses. Maybe they were not serious.

Edited by Zagor

17 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

I stopped watching TV and quit social media just around a year ago because of covid but other things as well. I feel more peaceful when I read something or watch a funny or family movie instead of watching news. Back in good old days they used to have an hour or 2 of news a day but now they have channels about news all day long and even non-news channels insert news now. And most people know how fake much of their news is. I hope I find your link once you post it. Always loved a good read.

7 hours ago, Zagor said:

Do you get those thought that the gov't is doing that? I don't see how would that be possible but I've heard it from people who don't suffer any mental illnesses. Maybe they were not serious.

Sure I do.  People get all kinds of thoughts about their government now.  It used to be you would only see your leaders on tv once in a blue moon and they would try to make you think they were good people.  Now all of them are on tv just about every day and they all seem to have the mentality of pirates and don't really care what people think of them.  People get those thoughts because they know they're being ruled by monsters that are capable of anything.  Like I said it's just paranoia for me.  The only thing I think they're really capable of is being funtioning alcoholics and living off of us like leaches.  They're bums that have probably just gotten where they are because they know the right people.

Edited by sober4life

My philosophy? "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

Time has definitely sped up for me...or maybe more accurately, my perception of time has sped up. Weeks go flying by and I realize that I haven't accomplished squat. My apartment is the same mess it has been since God was a little boy. Most of my time is spent shuttling my daughter around because she cannot drive. She's working two jobs but still can't afford rent. I helped her out financially for awhile but now I'm broke (unemployed since May).

On 10/25/2021 at 5:48 AM, sober4life said:

Sure I do.  People get all kinds of thoughts about their government now.  It used to be you would only see your leaders on tv once in a blue moon and they would try to make you think they were good people.  Now all of them are on tv just about every day and they all seem to have the mentality of pirates and don't really care what people think of them.  People get those thoughts because they know they're being ruled by monsters that are capable of anything.  Like I said it's just paranoia for me.  The only thing I think they're really capable of is being funtioning alcoholics and living off of us like leaches.  They're bums that have probably just gotten where they are because they know the right people.

I think they are just a bunch of old impotent farts who got to their position by people's votes and they got connections as you said. But when they team up with the filthy rich and start doing each other "favours" that can be dangerous for ordinary people. But I know a bunch of people who trust their gov't fully and don't like anything negative I say about them.

When I think about the government I think I've lived here in this state for 42 years.  What has really changed here in all this time?  Well you can bring a miniature horse on an airplane with you and that's about it.🤦‍♀️

Man invented time, based upon logic and observation--the earth revolving around the sun; however many hours of darkness or light--it's a clever concept, designed to give us emotional/physical/intellectual landmarks.  Yet the whole idea is fraught with deadlines we impose upon ourselves, our definitions of good or bad, success or failure, etc. These measures of distance from one point to another can be . . . well . . . terrifying.  Replicative fading of our cells, the physical changes that take place are devastating with the passage of time.  To me, anyway.  I look back at things I was able to do, and can do no more, and feel helpless and angry that I've never found a modality to ease my physical pain.  So time marches on and I feel worse every day--especially in winter in the Great Lakes States.  

But

the body is a self-healing, miraculous thing. Yet how much can be healed when the toner is low on the cell copier and we're allotted no print cartridges?  Its a conundrum.  

In other ethereal states or locales--the astral plane, for instance--THERE IS NO TIME.  Just souls trying to heal from the lives they left behind.  

I have felt that I "missed the wave" in almost everything. Like, I didn't watch the original Star Trek series until the 80's--wow!  Glad I finally caught up.  I missed it in my chosen profession and now I can barely stand for two minutes without wanting to scream because of the pain in my back.  There are so many good roles I want to play on stage!  So very many roles for a woman in middle age.  Chekov, Ibsen, O'Neill.  Ugh!  I was taught that "my body is my instrument."  Now my instrument is pretty much useless for the things I'm called to do.  So how do I work around that? 

Is time the enemy?  Unfortunately, I believe so.   

Will I ever make peace with it?  How does one do that?  

I'm rambling now. 

Good night, all.  😑

Edited by womanofthelight