Starting to panic

Thanos

I know I just had another topic under the relationships forum but this one I thought could use its own thread because there's another thing that has me wanting to hurt myself. My job has been slowly cutting my hours lately so that I only work about 20 hours a week. I started at over 30 and keep getting told that I'm still a full-time worker but that's just bullshit. Plus this problem only started when I asked to have Thursday nights off so have some sort of social life. Since the summer started they have hired 2 people who are working the hours that I used to work. I'm also 36 and can't keep bouncing around from job to job because it makes me look completely irresponsible. But I also can't stay at this job when they give me table scraps for hours. I can't afford my rent on what they're paying me. Right now the only solution I can think of is self-deletion. No more disappointed bosses and no more worrying about going from job to job. I've never had a job where I get the respect I earn. Thought this would be different but nope.

4 hours ago, Thanos said:

I know I just had another topic under the relationships forum but this one I thought could use its own thread because there's another thing that has me wanting to hurt myself. My job has been slowly cutting my hours lately so that I only work about 20 hours a week. I started at over 30 and keep getting told that I'm still a full-time worker but that's just bullshit. Plus this problem only started when I asked to have Thursday nights off so have some sort of social life. Since the summer started they have hired 2 people who are working the hours that I used to work. I'm also 36 and can't keep bouncing around from job to job because it makes me look completely irresponsible. But I also can't stay at this job when they give me table scraps for hours. I can't afford my rent on what they're paying me. Right now the only solution I can think of is self-deletion. No more disappointed bosses and no more worrying about going from job to job. I've never had a job where I get the respect I earn. Thought this would be different but nope.

Talk to them and explain your situation. Also, lots  of  places are hiring  now if you are  in the US.  Try and find a  job with more hours.

4 hours ago, jxdama said:

Talk to them and explain your situation. Also, lots  of  places are hiring  now if you are  in the US.  Try and find a  job with more hours.

Easier said than done. I've been trying to find another place that would have me but nobody is answering. What the hell do I do when nobody wants me, especially now with so many openings here in the US?

What an awful situation.  I wish I knew what to say that would help.  I know that is a pathetic response, but I really don't know what to say.  Where I live there are lots of job openings.  Its terrible that you cannot find work and are unable to pay your rent.  How heartbreaking. 

Hi Thanos,

I think in this situation it is kind of like quicksand. If you struggle a lot and panic in quicksand it submerges whomever is trapped in the quicksand.

It is difficult when you only focus on what not to do instead of what to do so I think it is best to have a multifacted approach. Some income is better than no income so you should try to stay, also like jxdama said you should try to explain your situation while also searching for a new job fulltime or part time to supplement or look at getting roomates or reducing expenses. Leave no rock unturned and try to remain calm.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:39 PM, Thanos said:

Easier said than done. I've been trying to find another place that would have me but nobody is answering. What the hell do I do when nobody wants me, especially now with so many openings here in the US?

Keep looking  for  other jobs but dont  quit  your  job now till you find a  better  one. You will find a  better  one.