Can anybody recommend a good online therapy?

chumly

17 hours ago, Evergreenforst4 said:

Greetings Chumly,

You can try betterhelp, use a youtuber code for a discount but it is kind of expensive.

It if you have insurance try to use teledoc that is better.

Those are two basic ones I know of

Thanks so much for this very helpful information! I do have insurance so I will definitely give a try to Teledoc. 

Thanks so much once again!!! 🙂

3 hours ago, chumly said:

Thanks so much for this very helpful information! I do have insurance so I will definitely give a try to Teledoc. 

Thanks so much once again!!! 🙂

I'd stay away from betterhelp. I had 2 therapists there and it was horrible experience

The problem with better help is they don't vet the people enough, it is kind of pricey but if you are uninsured, get a discount code and find a good one it could work.

Pewdiepie did a documentary on betterhelp and the problems it has.

Overall I would try teledoc first. Also once COVID ends I think in person counseling can be good too. Sometimes it just helps to get out and go somewhere especially with depression.

Good luck!

On 10/6/2021 at 12:55 AM, Zagor said:

I'd stay away from betterhelp. I had 2 therapists there and it was horrible experience

Oh wow! Thanks for letting me know about this! I was almost going to try using them but I guess I will keep looking in that case. Thanks so much....the last thing I need is a horrible therapist. Unfortunately I have had plenty of those in my day...LOL

Thanks again!!

On 10/6/2021 at 10:20 PM, Evergreenforst4 said:

The problem with better help is they don't vet the people enough, it is kind of pricey but if you are uninsured, get a discount code and find a good one it could work.

Pewdiepie did a documentary on betterhelp and the problems it has.

Overall I would try teledoc first. Also once COVID ends I think in person counseling can be good too. Sometimes it just helps to get out and go somewhere especially with depression.

Good luck!

Wow...I just typed out a nice reply and the whole thing got deleted..smh...I will try again.

Anyway, thanks for this helpful response as well. I actually already have a real life therapist but believe it or not, I feel like I express myself much better in emails so I would actually prefer an online therapist. ...or at least for a short while (like 2 or 3 sessions) just to help me with advice on dealing with a situation involving my narcisstic mom. 

Anyway, I will check out the teledoc one a bit more! Thanks again!! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that with the advent of quarantine, such procedures have become very popular. That is undoubtedly pleasing. Usually, people with some mental illness close themselves off and do not want to contact other people.

Yes, there are many mental health therapist in California who are offering their services online. Last month I also get online therapy to overcome my issue and the mental health therapist is too good. If you want to get services from their then the name of the organization is i got u corp in California. Hope you will also get treated well from their staff.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that with the advent of quarantine, such procedures have become very popular. That is undoubtedly pleasing. Usually, people with some mental illness close themselves off and do not want to contact other people. Because of this, they don't go out of the house. These kinds of therapies create the most comfortable conditions for the person. A friend of mine was treated in this way. He found a company that created https://fherehab.com/learning/online-aa-meetings/ . He received direct help to support him in giving up alcohol. It worked because now my friend doesn't drink at all. I'm very happy for him.

On 10/4/2021 at 1:15 AM, chumly said:

Can anybody recommend a good online therapy? I am looking for something affordable and in the US. 

Thanks in advance:)

Be careful, ask around, ..right now therapists are taking advantage of the situation (covid) and some don't even take new patients with insurance, but they only want cash .$$$$$ , which is not fair because not all of us can afford cash money only..

good luck I hope you find a good one because it has not been easy for me, and others to find one.

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 8:43 PM, Rongy said:

I have noticed that with the advent of quarantine, such procedures have become very popular. That is undoubtedly pleasing. Usually, people with some mental illness close themselves off and do not want to contact other people.

Very true 

On 11/2/2021 at 1:02 AM, alvinarose said:

Yes, there are many mental health therapist in California who are offering their services online. Last month I also get online therapy to overcome my issue and the mental health therapist is too good. If you want to get services from their then the name of the organization is i got u corp in California. Hope you will also get treated well from their staff.

Thanks 😊 

On 11/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, ladysmurf said:

Be careful, ask around, ..right now therapists are taking advantage of the situation (covid) and some don't even take new patients with insurance, but they only want cash .$$$$$ , which is not fair because not all of us can afford cash money only..

good luck I hope you find a good one because it has not been easy for me, and others to find one.

Thanks 😊 

• 1 month later...