Dealing with brain damage

Sheen

I have had a lot of blows to the head. I’ve crashed my bike and been mangled in it multiple times as a child. I had a heavy box fall on my head at age 4. I got punched many times. and I did stupid things in junior high to be cool, like inhaling gas fumes. I passed out the first time and when I woke up, I had forgotten about my life. I was fourteen and I didn’t know who I was or what anything was. As soon as it all began coming back I was thinking ‘what the hell am I doing in this garage? 

now in my late 20’s. I’m now seeing how all this has ****ed me up in the long term. I’m having symptoms of dementia. Severe depression racked with suicidal thoughts daily. Feel dead inside,  like a part of me has died. I’m not as there as I was a few years ago. My situation is getting worse every year, every day.

Every day I feel more and more detached from my own head. No I don’t use drugs. The supplements I use are in fact supposed to help this.  

Edited by Sheen

Hi Sheen,

I have done a lot of martial arts (mostly Taekwondo and Jujitsu) so I have had blows.

There is something in psychology called brain plasticity which means the younger you are the easier it is for the brain to heal and form new neural pathways.

The top of the brain which is the most exposed is the frontal lobe which has to do with executive thinking and then under the base of the brain there are the most essential functions which are things we often do not have to think about like breathing and other functions.

When you have depression, the amygdala can be effected but it is also possible to reprogram your brain.

I actually used to be very intelligent and I had a severe blow to my head and trauma in the military and at that time I was very suicidal. I actually remember in the inpatient I would hold my arms up in the sky and I would laugh for hours, people who saw me thought I was psychotic but I was actually doing this to reprogram my brain.

Give yourself a chance and also try to be creative because I think it is possible for people to recover from some types of brain damage. Focus on preventing anymore harm and healing.