Lately i've been having terrible dreams that I cant escape from, and when I wake up I fall back asleep into the same dream. I cant describe them because they are so disturbing. Sometimes its about r*, sometimes its about a non scary life situation but in every dream I cant escape from whatever is happening, I keep trying to run away but I cant run and I find myself going in circles and ending up in some scene that I can't get out of and I always remember the same feeling of dread and fear and panic that whatever dream im in will be how ill die. But the dream always ends before I do.

I wish they would stop 😞

Your brain needs to feel safe again more than anything.  I told mom the things that happened to me when she was still here.  Talking helps a lot but your brain needs to feel safe again.  There's no exact path to get there and believe me it took me years but I now believe I'm stronger than all the people that ever hurt me.  We are stronger than them.  This life makes me so angry.  All any of us do is try to live our lives and some people are just awful people that hurt people.  Most people aren't that way though.  I had to move away.  People had to pass away.  My path was a long exhausting path but I do finally feel safe here at the house.

Talking is like the hardest thing ever for me. I cant open up, I cant face anything, its like if I dont say these things outloud then they didnt happen, or if I dont tell people who are trained to help Ill be safe or idk, im trying to keep myself self by running and pretending they didnt happen but I know they did. Nothing about life or this world makes me feel safe, I guess my subconcious is telling me I cant run anymore

One day hopefully ill be able to seclude myself in my own home with animals like you've done, I read someones comment on here about the pure innocent love of animals, they keep you safe, people dont

9 hours ago, Charlee said:

I keep trying to run away but I cant run and I find myself going in circles

This is exactly how  my dreams go. In one I am leaving a bar after performing at an open-mic. As I open my car door three youths ambush me. I tried to defend myself but a baseball bat to the head and I was lights out. I woke in a dark hospital room in colorado. it was 4:20AM they didn't put me in a room so late at night and left me in the ER room. I think they would have just thought i was drunk or on drugs. But the bloody wound to the head was the real reason. It took 57 stiches. This PTSD dream occurs over and over night after night. I try to run but I can't get away. THEN I learned to not run, but FLY. You can fly in these dreams. Give it a try. Just pretend like you are on a winged horse, or in my case my childhood pony named Smokey. It then turns into fun.

6 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

try to run but I can't get away. THEN I learned to not run, but FLY. You can fly in these dreams. Give it a try. Just pretend like you are on a winged horse

Interesting tactic, I’ll give it a try. Sometimes I’m lucid and trying to wake myself up so I’m slipping in and out of the dream. I’ve never been able to control my dreams before though