All These COVID-19 Reports Are Giving Me Anxiety

It's like it's happening all over. It hasn't gotten any better. The only consolation I think about is that I's still here. I know a number of people who have been taken by this virus and it's awful, to lose someone from this pandemic. I am so stressed with the news about the vaccines, the increased cases. and the new variants. It's like this thing is here to stay. I don't know how to move forward anymore or I'm not sure if I want to. Help 😞 Talk to me please. 

I feel as you do.  It is so sad and so demoralizing . . . this SARS-C0vid-19 pandemic.  I was planning on doing some things important to me.  A year has passed.  Another year is passing.  The whole thing is horrifying.  I know some people who have been lost to the virus.  So very, very sorry you have lost people.  My heart goes out to you!

It's very hard to look at the whole picture.  The hard truth is nothing really has changed this whole time and there's no real evidence they know what they're doing at all and no real evidence anything they have done has worked so far.  It probably is here to stay but our bodies will get used to it and learn how to fight it off more and more as the years go by.  It won't always be this bad.

For whatever reason, they are *trying* to scare us. Big industry (including the multinational pharma companies) control the government, and of course the government wants to control us. They've been doing it for decades, maybe centuries.

Currently, I feel like the townspeople who got tired of hearing the boy cry "wolf."

Thank you all for your responses. I get them. I guess I got impatient and maybe scared as it already hit home, as real as it gets. I have to pull myself together, I know. I'll be okay somehow. Thanks for letting me vent. 

One of the best things I've done for myself lately is stop paying attention to the news. I often wish that news could somehow be completely subjective and neutral, and not repeat the same negative stuff over and over. But that's what keeps people coming back, oddly enough.

They politicized this from the start and made it all about us vs. them so that those of us who are naturally more educated and more liberal politically would shut our brains down and refuse to think critically because we were afraid of being associated with a certain Cheeto-haired politician and his followers. It was a stroke of genius. For two years, we liberals have lined up to support everything we oppose, from invasion of privacy and body autonomy (mask and vaccine mandates) to school closures that hurt poor kids the most (they are the ones who depend on school lunches and don't have reliable Internet) to unquestioningly championing Big Pharma and even supporting punitive policies that disproportionately affect minority communities (Black Americans, for example, have the Tuskeegee experiments ringing in their ears and are suspicious about attempts to make them go first, we Puerto Ricans remember well the U.S. government's secretely experimenting on us with radiation, smallpox, and sterilization). Even as an MD who believes in vaccines and has all three shots, I am astonished by how a sickness has been used to divide us, set us one against another, and tear at the fabric of our society while overturning all the laws and rights we fought for decades to enact. It is like we have forgotten the bitter lessons of the Gay Panic AIDS campaigns of the 1980's. Don't let them continue to manipulate you. Take precautions like hand sanitizer and social distancing, get vaccinated if you think you should, and live your life. 

Edited by BoricuaGato
More details

My mum talks to me constantly about the “dangers of the vaccine” and it’s exhausting to try and rebutt the bad science facts that keep being spread by non-scientists. But the more I look into it, the more confused I get. Some people have had pretty bad reactions to the vaccine, but then the adverse effects are worsened and more likely if you get covid so I guess my predicament is get the vaccine with a slight possibility of bad reasons or get covid and have a higher chance of long haul covid, myocarditis, everything else associated with it, and death. It’s exhausting I’m tired of it, tired of all the political bs surrounding it, whether there was political agenda or not, the virus doesn’t care. Even in NZ where the situation isn’t nearly as bad as other places, it’s hard here, and I feel for all of you in the US, Canada, the UK and all other terribly hit places ❤️ At least we aren’t alone in this 

• 3 weeks later...