extreme anxiety from phone malfunction

Amaya

my cell phone's failed, and not being able to see notifications or not being able to tell certain people that I'm not dead is really stressing me out

it happened last night it says its corrupted and i have a friend bringing me a spare in the next couple days, and i know that

so my anxiety's unreasonable but it's really driving me crazy

i cant check in with some other people either

and even though i know theyre prolly okay agh this is really bugging me and i only have three cigarrettes left and i dont know how to destress and rationalize with myself, its such a trivial issue!

25 minutes ago, Amaya said:

my cell phone's failed, and not being able to see notifications or not being able to tell certain people that I'm not dead is really stressing me out

it happened last night it says its corrupted and i have a friend bringing me a spare in the next couple days, and i know that

so my anxiety's unreasonable but it's really driving me crazy

i cant check in with some other people either

and even though i know theyre prolly okay agh this is really bugging me and i only have three cigarrettes left and i dont know how to destress and rationalize with myself, its such a trivial issue!

That is crazy, I live or die with needing my cell phone

I've had problems with my phone before.  With all technology I try to reboot it before I give up on it.  It seems like all technology goes wacky from time to time and needs to be rebooted in some way.  Wow I looked it up and it says you might have to do a factory reset.  I don't know how to do that.

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

I've had problems with my phone before.  With all technology I try to reboot it before I give up on it.  It seems like all technology goes wacky from time to time and needs to be rebooted in some way.  Wow I looked it up and it says you might have to do a factory reset.  I don't know how to do that.

my alarm on my phone is presenting a different interface and i dont know how to use it... arrrrrrrgh technology,

4 minutes ago, sober4life said:

ugh yeah ive literally taken it apart, battery and everything over and over again all last night till like 3am and i just couldnt deal with it anymore

it would turn on for like 30 mins and i could snap people, then shut off and fail and refuse to boot, and id reboot it, then it wouldnt let me boot it because its a "corrupted device"

then it let me boot it one last time but it wouldnt allow me to open snapchat or instagram and all of a sudden google play wouldnt let me use apps because of a "system error"

then it shut off again and i was like well **** it, and texted a friend who has a lot of spares but they have to work and idk when they could deliver

im just spiraling lol, its not a big deal, just annoying.

31 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

Sorry that this happened to you and is still happening.  I feel really bad when my cell phone isn't working.

its okay

yeah it isnt the best feeling lol

its crazy how one tiny scrap of metal can become your biggest resource

The fact it turns on, boots up, and runs for a bit before crashing suggests a heat issue. The processor is getting too hot and shutting off most of the cores to protect itself, or the RAM is. Check carefully to see if gunk has worked its way into any of the little vent slots. If you can, open the phone all the way to the motherboard. Often lint will form a glob between the camera electronics and the processor, since that is a weak spot in the case design. It could also be the battery. As batteries age, they create more heat, which creates more resistance, which creates more heat. A replacement battery may help. A trip to your local cell phone repair place for a new battery and a spritzing out with an air can and it might be as good as new.