Loneliness

Im 29 old. Ive been dealing with loneliness since some years ago. Its a whole story isnt necesary to tell, but I ended up like this.

This days I disntaced from all my friends. And with my family just have a polite relationship, dont talk much with them.

Anyone also struggles with loneliness ?

I started joining to depression forums trying to  find others who also deal with this. Sometimes would be nice to have someone to talk even if its virtually. 

4 hours ago, ManDss said:

Im 29 old. Ive been dealing with loneliness since some years ago. Its a whole story isnt necesary to tell, but I ended up like this.

This days I disntaced from all my friends. And with my family just have a polite relationship, dont talk much with them.

I started joining to depression forums trying to  find others who also deal with this. Sometimes would be nice to have someone to talk even if its virtually. 

Yes, I am also dealing with loneliness. I do not want to be this way, but when I am around friends and family members. I just seems to go in this anxiety mode and I cannot stay around them no longer than about thirty minutes. My mind just go into a mode that I got to get out of here. I am also this way with my children and wife also. But I do not want to be like this, but after 50 years of this, I guess this is just the hand that was dealt to me. I must play my hand out because folding is not a option for me. Be blessed my friends and may all of you be feel with the power to overcome and the determination to fight for whatever you want out of life.

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

Sure I agree.  I'm lonely all the time but everyone I have always known my whole life has driven me crazy and made me sick.

I totally understand my friend. When I was a child, I would be around the other children because I always wanted to be like them with a very out going personality. But, I was totally different just was not very good at communicating with others. I would hope someone would choose me to play with or to start a conversation with me. However, this really never happen to me. I had to learn how to bring myself contentment and to speak encouragement to others. I believe this is my gift to society, to give them something that I did not get myself. Hope, and someone to believe in you regardless of how your situation may look. 

On 8/4/2021 at 11:38 PM, ManDss said:

@ManDss I used to be outgoing and a leader and felt like I made friends easily. However since depression I am withdrawn actually avoid interacting if possible. So over time I lost friends cuz I wouldn’t follow up. 
so yes I feel lonely.

DF has been a good outlet to see examples of others like experiences and get interaction from replies.

DF helps lessen the pangs of loneliness.

Edited by Bbqdad

Sure I used to make friends easier.  Depression doesn't just make me withdrawn.  It actually makes me believe I can't make friends or find a significant other anymore.  It holds you hostage with beliefs that you aren't good enough to do anything.

For me I'm a little lonely from time to time though not desperate for friendship nor romantic relations with anyone. My motto if it happens, it happens and if not oh well. All I can say about myself is I've be hurt countless times by people online and real life that I know fear people. I don't trust easy just like that and I like to take it slow when meeting people online if I choose to talk with anyone.

True, it be nice to talk to someone I admit. Though my history with people I never met any good ones my whole life so far, thus I am alone and rather like it honestly. Though who knows all I focus on is this present moment and not think of my future. 

21 hours ago, sober4life said:

holds you hostage with beliefs that you aren't good enough to do anything.

Exactly. Then I don’t feel motivated to do things that I love to do like play my guitar. Something I’ve done and performed for 50 years. I’m not interested not good no one wants to hear me. That my depression. Flip side my mania causes me to live like a rockstar: sex drugs and rock n roll then I crash back into depression.

Yeah I'm not really connected to anyone anymore.  They're there but they're watching an actor play a part.  Nobody knows me anymore.  The loneliness is because I know I have no choice.  I have to continue to pretend I'm ok until this all blows up in my face.  I do feel sorry for the people that will eventually see how things really are in this situation but I have no choice but to fight until they take all of this from me.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Yeah I'm not really connected to anyone anymore.  They're there but they're watching an actor play a part.  Nobody knows me anymore.  The loneliness is because I know I have no choice.  I have to continue to pretend I'm ok until this all blows up in my face.  I do feel sorry for the people that will eventually see how things really are in this situation but I have no choice but to fight until they take all of this from me.

I'm up here with the polar bears. no people. i'm with you on not being connected to anyone amore.

I can relate. I been feeling more lonely these days but I'm trying to remind myself I'm not as lonely as I think I am. For example, we all have each other in this forum. When you think about it, a bunch of strangers came together to support each other even though we don't know each other at all. I think thats such a beautiful thing. 

Hi,

I actually believe most non-depressed people do care and would normally want to be friends but it can be very daunting to approach someone who has depression.

One thing I had to do to get a girlfriend is focus on being approachable and act in a way that gives a better outcome to confide as opposed to vent.

I have watched so many episodes of wwyd and people really do want to be nice and help, I think its just confusing because to them we do not give off the message that we want love and companionship it is more of a get away from me vibe so people figure they just want to be left alone.

It is about the messages we send to people, do our desires match the outward messages we send? It is so important because even if you put yourself out there a lot but give off the wrong vibes people they want to be left alone and so they do that. A lot of nondepressed people are actually really nice if we can bridge the gap and understand them from my experiences.