Coffee drinkers

isaac s

I used to dring excessively. Anxiety was through the roof. I mean strong coffee, in a large mug. 5 times a day average.

Now I'm mostly drinking once in the morning when I get up. Background anxiety isn't too awful, but I doubt it was only because of coffee habits.

Coffee makes me feel a bit better in terms of mood problems.

Edited by APFSDS

It's a conundrums, all right.

Caffeine doesn't play nice with the meds.

No caffeine = headache.  Headache can turn into migraine = lost day.

I like my espresso straight, with no sugar or milk.  But it drives my blood sugar out of whack.  So I get famished and then I want to pig out on sweets.  Not good when the meds already make you want to overeat.

Solution: Drink coffee, deal with low-blood-sugar headache, try to ignore it, eat a couple Hanuta, tell myself tomorrow I will behave.

1 hour ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

Coffee is a little bit addictive. It helps a bit to make me feel better but I try to limit to one cup a day, cos it’ll affect my sleep. 

When I was on vacation I was down to a couple of cups a day because there wasn't any stress.  Amazingly I was able to set my life aside the whole time until the last day.  Now who knows how many I've had today.  I go through life with a mentality of I have to get through today and that leads to awful sleep that day which means I have to drink more the next day.  It keeps growing and growing sadly.  This life is so hard to deal with.  It's literally ******* me.🤕

I drink coffee to survive, without it I couldnt get through the day. I'm so dependent on it, its my trusted and loyal companion. Its extremely comforting for me and depending on what i'm doing that day I drink anywhere from 3-10 cups a day 

1 hour ago, Charlee said:

I drink coffee to survive, without it I couldnt get through the day. I'm so dependent on it, its my trusted and loyal companion. Its extremely comforting for me and depending on what i'm doing that day I drink anywhere from 3-10 cups a day 

Wo that sounds like alot. Is it just energy? or is it helping mood also?

Edited by isaac s

6 hours ago, isaac s said:

Wo that sounds like alot. Is it just energy? or is it helping mood also?

its mood, energy, habit, comfort, I cant start the day without it and if I'm working ill have one every 2 or so hours.

I think I'm more dependent than addicted, but I do start getting headachy if I go more than 15ish hours without one.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up coffee  few years ago. It effected my medication and me badly in general so I went cold turkey and gave it up. All I drink now is water, raspberry iced tea with no sugar or very little in it, lastly no sugar lemonade.

I "need" coffee in the morning or I'm a grouch all day. I usually have one strong cup but sometimes will drink two if I'm working on stuff. I find its benefits outweigh anything negative.

22 hours ago, sober4life said:

I need at least a pot of coffee to even get through the day.  I don't think anything takes away me being a grouch though.  I think I'm a grouch even when I'm sitting here alone.

Ive been drinking a whole pot just to stay out of depressive energy lows, but i sometimes have comedowns that are pretty bad, so i think morning jo is only for me if i can stop myself.

4 minutes ago, isaac s said:

Ive been drinking a whole pot just to stay out of depressive energy lows, but i sometimes have comedowns that are pretty bad, so i think morning jo is only for me if i can stop myself.

Yeah, I try to limit it to before noon. My sleep cycle is so goofed up though. I napped for 2 hours this afternoon so now I won't go to bed until at least midnight. And then the cycle will repeat tomorrow.

I have not been able to stand the smell of coffee since I was pregnant with D1.  But I drink tea hot or cold. Without it the no- caffeine headache becomes a migraine.  Therapist & Doctor say not to drink tea at night or when I can't sleep but for me hot tea relaxes me then I can sleep.  I think I have an addiction as I drink a gallon of ice tea (without the ice) by myself. But then some days its the tea and cigarettes that get me through the bad days.