A weird case of Real Event OCD

I'd like to call it "possible worlds OCD", but that's the name it has gotten in the community.

I have this sort of OCD where I can't stop thinking about possible outcomes in my life if I had taken this or that decision, or if I had failed that one time because of my negligence. Right now I'm an independent lawyer and everything seems to be going rather good but I suddenly get one of these thoughts and I get paralyzed. It's like I'm working with my partner, all excited because it is a good case, and I suddenly get the "yeah, but what if you had done X thing 5 years ago? your life would be ruined and what you're doing right now wouldn't matter". I know it sounds silly but I can't stop believing that thinking in these possible worlds instead than just focusing on the present moment has some sort of existential rationality.

So, do I want to think about this stuff and ruin my 30s like I almost ruined my 20s? I'm sure it's OCD because I've been diagnosed multiple times but, at the same time, I can't ignore the "rationality" of my thoughts. Like, how can I live knowing life is constructed by small parts and my present position is settled down on a ground in which multiple parts ALMOST didn't fit. That an accident, here and there, could've defined everything that I am right now. How can I with that thought just take everything like it is for granted and continue my life only focusing on the present moment?

Thank you for your time.

That sounds really tough to deal with.  I would say just try your best to believe things will work out.  Even if you miss an opportunity or make a bad decision there will be other opportunities and other better choices that can be made.  Also medication helps some people with OCD.