I've been having insanely vivid dreams lately, I think this is my 5th or 6th week on 37.5mg of Enlafax XR (venlafaxine/effexor). Does anyone else experience these? I never used to be able to remember my dreams in such detail but now when I go to sleep its like watching movies in my sleep.. its a little weird and disturbing..

I used to take high doses of venlafaxine. Yes, these dreams will be wild for a few months at most; it will eventually even out - or it did for me.

• 3 months later...

I don’t take Effexor anymore. I got off of it maybe 2-3 years ago. But it was the first med I went on and it has been the only med that seemed to help me. I tried 4 other meds since but none of those did anything that Effexor did.  I eventually got off of Effexor because it wasn’t helping me. It only seemed to help in the 3-4 weeks after upping the dose but then in a few weeks it would stop helping.  I upped the dose several times and was eventually up to 300-something mg.

Anyway, I chimed in on this thread because YES I used to have crazy vivid dreams.  In fact, I had awesome dreams the entire time I was on Effexor, which was about two years.  In all that time I had maybe 3 or 4 bad dreams. But the dozens and dozens and dozens of other dreams were all good, all exciting, all SO interesting.  I actually got to a point where I was wondering if I was getting addicted to the dreams.  I felt that way because I realized that all I wanted to do each day was end the day as soon as possible so that I could get to bed.  I ended up loving my dream life WAY more than my real life.  That was exciting at first but it eventually got me down because my real life just could not compete with my dream life.  And who’s could.  But getting to bed each night so that I could experience the dream world became my whole focus.

So enjoy those vivid dreams of you’re having them but not too much.  I would suggest keeping a journal and documenting those dreams when you wake up.  I have a couple dozen just epic stories based on dreams I had.