Chronically unhappy

I've got into a funk recently that I can't seem to get out of. I've not felt this depressed in many years. I'm having really intense suicidal thoughts and everytime I try and think about life getting better, it's like I can't see it at all, I just don't see the point? Why bother living through pain when you can make life's inevitable come faster? Ive recently changed from years of escitalopram to venlafaxine but I feel its not helped in any way 

Very sorry to read about your situation.

I can't comment on the antidepressants but I will say that we are never helpless confronting Old Man Depression.

If there is a way into that funk then there must be a way out and I don't mean the self harm way.

Old Man Depression plays the most awful tricks on our psyches so my feeling is we should play a few clever tricks right back.

That funk might be always there but you really could metaphorically turn your back on it and face the light with a sly smile on your beautiful face.

Anyway maybe this could help a little.

Oscar

Hi yes, I feel exactly the same way, having hope when you feel such anguish is so difficult, pretty much impossible. I dont know how to help myself out of it either. a lot of the time just getting through the day is the best I can do.

Im sorry you're feeling so badly, its so hard. I was also on escitalopram for a few years and now im on venlafaxine. I think I respond better to SNRIs than SSRIs, but im still in the trial phase I think. 🤷🏼

hope you feel better 😊

I'm sorry you are suffering so.  Depression can be so unimaginably brutal. 

I have no experience with the current medication you are on but have experience with various antidepressants where some work better than others and some don't seem to help. 

I sure hope you and your doctor can find something that helps you.  It is heartbreaking what you are going through!