Biggest positive decision in my life

AllisonM

Biggest positive decision in my life was enlist in the Marines.I was the 18 year old young man at the time working job to job sitting around doing nothing.I did hang around with the wrong people too.My parents told me I needed to do something in my life and knew they were right.It was 2 weeks after I graduated from high school and finally one day I went down to the Marines recruiting office and enlisted.Came back home and asked me where I was,told them I enlisted in the Marines.They were proud of me for that.Toughest part was saying goodbye to my parents at the airport leaving for boot camp.Made it through boot camp and my parents saw a 100% complete turn around in me on graduation day.I was a nobody at first and became a better person out of it.I am proud of my 8 years in the Marines to this day.Mom,she saw the changes in me first after I got out of boot camp.It was after that my dad saw it too.I have read of so many cases of the military turning people's lives around in the right direction in life.A couple uncles of mine were the same way too,one did time in the Navy and the other did time in the Marines too.

I don't have much to say other than I'm so happy for you! To hear that this experience has changed you and made you a better person is awesome to hear. I'm so glad the decision of joining the Marines has lead you to such a great path. You are doing great! 

It was and that old me was gone.The wrong  people that I hung around were doing the drugs doing underage drinking.It did teach me discipline and respect too.Those wrong people I hung around,told them out of my life for good.Didn't need them in my life anymore