It's Been a Bit More Than 9 Months

Since my last login, that is.

Part of the reason that I am posting is to let people know, if they've been worried about me, that I've been busy offline making absolutely sure I get an Associate's because in the fall of 2020, my grades took a nosedive. That's really the only reason I haven't logged in recently.

I do have other stuff on my mind, but I'll talk about it later, because I need some sleep.

One of my last posts was about being tired of my older brother's crap, and that still is an issue to a lesser extent than back then.

I'm wondering if someone has advice on maintaining skinniness of the upper arms. I have done some weight training, that is to prepare if he ever thinks of physically fighting me again, and even though I like the fact I can bench more than before, it is disappointing to me that my biceps are growing.

They don't look big, at least generally, but I also want to keep them that way when if I get to increasing the bulges of my forearms. That way, I'll look starved or less skinny but still skinny, rather than (in my mind) looking like an asshole.

I wouldn't even have a problem if I became fat, because any muscle highly visible on my body, at that point, could be construed as more fat, but I've just had too many experiences - INFURIATING ones - with muscular guys, for me to not puke if ever I saw myself looking like that in the mirror.

I know that there are exercises exclusively for your forearms, but are there things like iron cuffs to latch around your upper arms through the duration of those exercises, just in case?

On 6/12/2021 at 12:40 PM, xXxXEntranceScardenXxXx said:

I wouldn't even have a problem if I became fat, because any muscle highly visible on my body, at that point, could be construed as more fat, but I've just had too many experiences - INFURIATING ones - with muscular guys, for me to not puke if ever I saw myself looking like that in the mirror.

I know that there are exercises exclusively for your forearms, but are there things like iron cuffs to latch around your upper arms through the duration of those exercises, just in case?

That's an unusual situation. I'm not aware of anything like that. With weight training, you can't really help getting "big" uniformly. You can target specific muscle groups, but then your physique will likely wind up looking strange.

The only thing I'd suggest is rowing on an ergometer. I think this should keep your muscles leaner overall, especially if you do it anaerobically (i.e., close to maximum exertion for as long as possible). Bigger muscles require more oxygen and thus aren't optimal for rowing. An ergometer is one way to keep them "in check" from becoming Schwarzenegger-like.

26 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

your physique will likely wind up looking strange.

That, I don't really mind. I'm pretty sure (I'd only mind if my biceps grew).

I do like what things you have suggested. Since I don't know for sure if these things will work, even though I think they will work, further suggestions are welcome.

On 6/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, xXxXEntranceScardenXxXx said:

Careful, you don't want to end up looking like Popeye the Sailor Man.

Bulgakov