Why am I depressed today?

AndrewH

So last night was amazing, me and my friends went and saw another friend in an outdoor theatrical production. We had a picnic and hung out for several hours before the show started. I had so much fun. This kind of thing has been what I've been hoping for the past year. I had so much fun and I was so happy and yet right now I'm feeling down. Its not as bad as it has been in the past when I've been suicidal but I'm just feeling a bit depressed right now. Why am I like this today? Yesterday was really good and I got to hang out with my friends. I don't understand what's going on. Could someone maybe help?

Glad you had an amazing night. I'm struggling with consistency as well. Maybe not everyday can be amazing, but it's possible to have more such days by planning fun activities. It sounds like you struggled with suicidal thoughts at some point, yet it's not as bad as before, which shows there's been improvement. There might be bumps on the road, but it sounds as if things are getting better.

Your mind is probably like mine.  Yeah yesterday was great but what about today our mind thinks.  Every day needs to be a big day for my brain.  If I would go to a concert or something like you're describing my mind would need another concert the next day or there will be a huge crash.

@AndrewH  Im sorry you feel this way. 

I dont hv any advise. But I just want you to know that you are not alone. Im feeling almost exactly the same thing like you do.

I was ok for the past hours today but suddenly it changed to feeling depress. I wanted to do few things but suddenly I feel down, feeling low. I dont want to do anything. I dont know why.

Edited by Camellia

It’s fairly normal in depression for a low to follow a high, depression doesn’t stop just because you’re having a good time.

I suppose most people will recognise it as post-holiday blues or something like that. Even people with good mental health tend to feel a bit flat after something they’ve been looking forward to is over. Fairly natural that with depression, the highs and lows are more extreme. Just got to remind ourselves that there will be other highs.