Sign in to follow this  
ladysmurf

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder PMDD

So how do other women deal with this?? I suffer from depression, anxiety and OCD ..(none of which can be helped with medications because I don't respond to anything)

As many women know it gets worse 7-10 days before the cycle begins, and all the symptoms become worse, like 2 times worse, and it's so hard to deal with it .. I can't control my anxiety or OCD during those days.. I want to cry, sometimes I want to break stuff because I can't handle the stress /anxiety and OCD...What do you guys do to deal with this? I know the best solution is SSRI or another anti-depressant, but none of them work for me..I don't respond to anything..it's so frustrating every month..I've tried vitamins and other herbal tea stuff to calm me down, but nothing works.

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is a health problem that is similar to premenstrual syndrome (PMS) but is more serious. PMDD causes severe irritability, depression, or anxiety in the week or two before your period starts. Symptoms usually go away two to three days after your period starts.

A severe, sometimes disabling extension of premenstrual syndrome.

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is a severe form of premenstrual syndrome that includes physical and behavioral symptoms that usually resolve with the onset of menstruation.

PMDD causes extreme mood shifts that can disrupt work and damage relationships. Symptoms include extreme sadness, hopelessness, irritability, or anger, plus common premenstrual syndrome symptoms such as breast tenderness and bloating.

Drugs and lifestyle changes may help.

How is PMDD treated?
  • Changes in diet to increase protein and carbohydrates and decrease sugar, salt, caffeine, and alcohol.
  • Regular exercise.
  • Stress management.
  • Vitamin supplements (such as vitamin B6, calcium, and magnesium)
  • Anti-inflammatory medicines.
  • Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI)
  • Birth control pills.