Civil

Medication interlude

The past few days have been the toughest i've had in a while. I feel so overwhelmed with feelings of hopelessness and guilt, it just makes me want to cry.

My medication was changed up last week from 300mg Sertraline to 30mg Cymbalta (up to 60mg after 1 week) + 25mg Valdoxan, because the Sertraline stopped working on me like six months ago. I couldn't even get past the first day before stopping. I felt so nauseous that I vomited and my head was so dizzy and cloudy I couldn't get any work done.

I haven't re-started yet because I'm afraid I can't deal with the side effects of the new medication, but i'm just an absolute mess without it.

13 hours ago, Civil said:

The past few days have been the toughest i've had in a while. I feel so overwhelmed with feelings of hopelessness and guilt, it just makes me want to cry.

My medication was changed up last week from 300mg Sertraline to 30mg Cymbalta (up to 60mg after 1 week) + 25mg Valdoxan, because the Sertraline stopped working on me like six months ago. I couldn't even get past the first day before stopping. I felt so nauseous that I vomited and my head was so dizzy and cloudy I couldn't get any work done.

I haven't re-started yet because I'm afraid I can't deal with the side effects of the new medication, but i'm just an absolute mess without it.

cymbalta for me was a life saver, i started at 30, then 60, 90, 120 mg, back to 90 where I have been for more years than i can remember..... side effects were there but nothing like other meds I had tried. The only long term effect was the daytime sleepiness, and to counter that I take the pills in the evening... others experience the opposite.....

you have to make the decision your own decision to get started again, see if there is something to help with the side effects. I dont think you can get a lower dose than 30 to start on..... not in Canada anyway

good luck, after all that is what the meds are about, luck until you find one