I never used to be scared of the dark, I used to be so fearless and bold and fun. Ever since it happened ive become afraid of the dark without realising. Yesterday I went to an art gallery and was in a dark room and I was so uncomfortable I began to feel claustrophobic, my heart began to race, I started shaking, my vision become, not blurry, im not quite sure how to explain it but I just had to get out, I never used to be like that. I cant stand being in rooms that I cant see who's in front or behind me. New realisation, cool. 

I don't want to be in a dark room with people either.  I don't even like being in a dark movie theatre.  I would rather stay away from people but if I have to be around them of course I need to be able to see them clearly.

• 4 weeks later...

I think you did well to go to the art gallery in the first place, so having a panic attack or anxiety would have been me for sure, whether the room was dark or not. You were very brave getting that far, I can suffer when I go to pick up my groceries.

Are you sure it is the darkness, not just being near too many people? Just offering another way to reframe what happened so it doesnt become a lifelong fixture

• 2 months later...

Sorry it  took me so long to reply, sometimes I dont get notified of replies...

On 6/19/2021 at 11:39 PM, Extremebeginner said:

I think you did well to go to the art gallery in the first place, so having a panic attack or anxiety would have been me for sure, whether the room was dark or not. You were very brave getting that far, I can suffer when I go to pick up my groceries.

Are you sure it is the darkness, not just being near too many people? Just offering another way to reframe what happened so it doesnt become a lifelong fixture

Thanks, I think it was a bit of both, like @sober4life says, the dark rooms trigger me, as do being around lots of people, like supermarkets as well.

I haven't been out much since that happened, not alone anyway.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2021 at 4:32 AM, Charlee said:

Sorry it  took me so long to reply, sometimes I dont get notified of replies...

Thanks, I think it was a bit of both, like @sober4life says, the dark rooms trigger me, as do being around lots of people, like supermarkets as well.

I haven't been out much since that happened, not alone anyway.

Is it  continuing to get worse? One thing you can do is  order your groceries  online and  either  have them delivered  or  pick them up.