My life isn't shit

Charlee

but I feel shit. I actually like where I live and ill like my new job once I get it. I just feel shit all the time. My emotions are overwhelming and I dont know how to deal with them. Im really considering that its time to see a therapist and actually be honest about how much I struggle and what's really going on. I dont know how to deal with anything and its a giant wave hovering above me 24/7. Im out of whack. My life is not shit but I feel shit. I like many things about my life but my feeling shit always overpowers me. What I do to "deal" with everything is not working, it doesn't help, it only makes me feel more powerless and like ive even less control over my own life. Ive no control over my emotions and how to deal with them, I dont know healthy coping mechanisms and just an AD isn't enough. Its time, I need more help than an SSRI can give me 😞 Its not going to go away on its own. I cant fix me. I cant make myself return to before... Im so tired of life being this way. Im so tired.

In your other post, you said you felt ready to give therapy a chance. Therapy requires us to be open and honest about the battles in our mind, to tell someone we've just met things we can't or won't tell other people we know. And to trust that the therapist is a professional, competent and experienced working with people who have problems similar to your own. 

You may have or never have had a relationship with another person whom you could be open like that with. If telling your truth is a concern of yours, you can try writing honestly and openly about one or two battles in your head right here on the forums as practice. What do you think?

This will sound ironic: we can't change until we accept ourselves as we truly are. To accept (that is not the same as "like") the parts of us we've banished or locked up, we got to be willing to say what must be said to someone who is in a position to help us, hear us and understand us. 

Just now, Atra said:

This will sound ironic: we can't change until we accept ourselves as we truly are.

That is the trick isn't it.  Most people will turn themselves inside out and upside down to avoid it.

Bulgakov

On 5/23/2021 at 7:25 PM, Atra said:

This will sound ironic: we can't change until we accept ourselves as we truly are. To accept (that is not the same as "like") the parts of us we've banished or locked up, we got to be willing to say what must be said to someone who is in a position to help us, hear us and understand us. 

17 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

That is the trick isn't it.  Most people will turn themselves inside out and upside down to avoid it.

yeah, thats the most impossible thing, and ive know idea how the **** to do that, I dont think I can and I do everything else to avoid it

On 5/23/2021 at 7:25 PM, Atra said:

You may have or never have had a relationship with another person whom you could be open like that with. If telling your truth is a concern of yours, you can try writing honestly and openly about one or two battles in your head right here on the forums as practice. What do you think?

I dont know, I dont think I could go into such detail about things, esp when some of it I havnt even worked through in my head. I just have no coping mechanisms everything is so overwhelming, and to difficult to face properly 😞 

Edited by Charlee

22 hours ago, Charlee said:

esp when some of it I havnt even worked through in my head. I just have no coping mechanisms everything is so overwhelming, and to difficult to face properly

First sentence resonates with me. If my experience in therapy taught me anything it's that I don’t need to have worked it out before I open my mouth. When it wasn't just my voice talking to me in my head, I gained awareness of how options I hadn't considered or just dismissed. That's not say that my therapist gave me answers, they don't typically do that. More like an exploration. 

Coping skills are like tools, they can be acquired but it is up to us whether we use them. Psychoeducation is the term for learning new tools. 

9 hours ago, Atra said:

Coping skills are like tools, they can be acquired but it is up to us whether we use them. Psychoeducation is the term for learning new tools.

"Psychoeducation," great word!  Keep an eye out for the woke police.  (I'm anti political, but the extremes on right and left are often  laughable . . . maybe.)

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

36 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

"Psychoeducation," great word!  Keep an eye out for the woke police.  (I'm anti political, but the extremes on right and left are often  laughable . . . maybe.)

Bulgakov

That's good.  I'm the same way.  I was hooked on the news for a while.  Now I can watch it and laugh because it's so absurd.  It doesn't matter what station you're watching.

Howdy,

If you have an okay life but you feel bad I can offer some tips that worked for me. I used to be in the military and I experienced severe mental health struggles for years and I managed to overcome them.

The first is sleep deprivation, you can try sleeping more if you can. Taking melatonin or using dark rooms can help.

Vitamin B12 for nervous system, D3 for sunlight. If you live in a low sun area or do not get out much D3 is good to take in the smaller dose size since it is fat soluable.

Exercising releases endorphins and modern humans need to exercise because they have comviences ancient humans did not have.

Stay hydrated, dehydration can cause emotional instability and delirium, hydration is also necessary for a lot of basic chemical functions.

Those are the big ones, if you think it is something else you can try reaching out to family, friends and loved ones and doctors, you can also try hobbies or getting involved in community or clubs. It is a little difficult from the pandemic but I would not rule out that cause resulting from less social interactions from COVID

On 5/26/2021 at 10:25 AM, Another Statistic said:

What if it isn't in your head, but in your body? I spent >25 years trying to cure my head to no avail, but the minute someone looked into my hormones, life was all of a sudden just a little bit better. I'm still on low dose AD's, I think I messed up my brain chemistry by being on them so long.

hmm thats really interesting, I never though about it that way, ive had plenty of blood tests and everything is pretty normal, though my hormones have never been checked, ill look into it 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:39 AM, Evergreenforst4 said:

Howdy,

If you have an okay life but you feel bad I can offer some tips that worked for me. I used to be in the military and I experienced severe mental health struggles for years and I managed to overcome them.

The first is sleep deprivation, you can try sleeping more if you can. Taking melatonin or using dark rooms can help.

Vitamin B12 for nervous system, D3 for sunlight. If you live in a low sun area or do not get out much D3 is good to take in the smaller dose size since it is fat soluable.

Exercising releases endorphins and modern humans need to exercise because they have comviences ancient humans did not have.

Stay hydrated, dehydration can cause emotional instability and delirium, hydration is also necessary for a lot of basic chemical functions.

Those are the big ones, if you think it is something else you can try reaching out to family, friends and loved ones and doctors, you can also try hobbies or getting involved in community or clubs. It is a little difficult from the pandemic but I would not rule out that cause resulting from less social interactions from COVID

yeah I dont get out much and the weather in my city is usually pretty grey, ill look into that too. and B12, my recent blood test out me as the low-end of normal, but ive definitely thought of taking it too. And exercise yes! its the only thing I can think that will actually work in the long term. Thanks for taking the time to reply 🙂