What do you do when you feel really bad?

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

It's one of those cartoons where you say is this for kids or is this something you just watch when you're bombed?  It even messes with my sober brain big time.

That happens to me with Sponge Bob and Phineas and Ferb as well.

When I had a very long period of very lethargic depression... there wasn't really much that could be done. I was just in bed.
Nowadays if I feel it coming along, I just do exercise... a lot. Perhaps too much, but it keeps me from doing worse things, I guess...

On 5/16/2021 at 4:01 PM, APFSDS said:

When I had a very long period of very lethargic depression... there wasn't really much that could be done. I was just in bed.
Nowadays if I feel it coming along, I just do exercise... a lot. Perhaps too much, but it keeps me from doing worse things, I guess...

how do you get yourself to do things when you feel it coming on? Id definitely say im going through a period of lethargic depression right now, I havnt let the house in 7 days, Ive hardly left my bed, I know I need to just do something, anything is better than nothing, but ive no motivation or energy or reason to do anything, Im entrapping myself to my room... feels so pathetic but I feel helpless to do anything 

2 hours ago, Charlee said:

how do you get yourself to do things when you feel it coming on? Id definitely say im going through a period of lethargic depression right now, I havnt let the house in 7 days, Ive hardly left my bed, I know I need to just do something, anything is better than nothing, but ive no motivation or energy or reason to do anything, Im entrapping myself to my room... feels so pathetic but I feel helpless to do anything 

Well, my peculiarity is that I started forcing myself to go out - basically out of fear. Luckily it eventually became a habit. Now I have to go out.

Do you have people to talk to? Family or friends? If there is anybody to ask for help with keeping active I strongly suggest asking. Some people may react oddly, though.

Easier said than done... but it's basically one of the few damn things that can help. Activities and decent people. I wish it was easier to find the latter.

I wish you'll feel better!

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried video games, reading, anything to try to keep my mind occupied.  honestly what works best for me is a fan in the background or one of those ocean sound machines.  But everyone has their own thing...I hope you find yours soon.

Not doing great today...so trying one of my go-to’s....shopping online. Nothing in particular I need and may not end up even making a purchase but browsing different sites and seeking out deals is sometimes more interesting for me than actually buying and receving an item. Good time waster as well. 

I like shopping in person better because I love that feeling of finding something perfect I never thought I needed before.  Shopping online feels like playing video games with codes.  I looked on Amazon and the thing I almost bought was Mr Ed the complete series.  The last one in stock sent from a warehouse full of nothing but Mr Ed the complete series I'm sure.

Nothing good, unfortunately. Eat crap, drink too much, ruminate and close off. Self-sabotage, basically. I’d love to be the kind of person who can take a 5 mile run to clear their head, but I’m not.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:55 PM, RichW said:

Nothing good, unfortunately. Eat crap, drink too much, ruminate and close off. Self-sabotage, basically. I’d love to be the kind of person who can take a 5 mile run to clear their head, but I’m not.

same.

4 hours ago, monicott17 said:

More shopping this past weekend. Boredom, misery and sales means a whole slew of packages arriving at my home soon.

well, at least the arrival of your packages will be exciting!

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to music, drinking, smoking, and ruminating about the past. I can't say these are the best things to do to help but whatever gets me through the day...

Trying to get back into music again plus a new talk show has started that I am quite enjoying so far and it is on in the middle of the work day so it helps the time to go by quick. 

Hi,

So when I felt lethargic. I just played video games a lot and so tried two things.

I used a standing desk so I would have to stand to play and then I would listen to upbeat music while I played. I tried that a while ago and it helped me have more energy to get out of the house and do more things.

The other things is drink a lot of water, tea with caffiene and vitamins and supplements. I take creatine, gaba, argine, b12 and d3.

D3 for seasonal and sun deficiency. If you do not get out much it might be good.

B12 for nervous system. Creatine just for working out and gaba and arginine are for growth hormones and helps with anxiety.

The tea I use is loose leaf, I switched to it after some tea guru told me about it, it is supposed to be more healthy.

I am into bodybuilding so I take a lot of stuff but it depends on individual but d3 is really good if you stay indoors a lot.