Sign in to follow this  
FerryJerry

Seeing red

Lots has happened recently and ever since the dentist triggered me, I am stuck in a high state of anxiety and stress. 

my main issue is that the food shopping delivery people are treating me badly. The first time the delivery driver refused to pack shopping in to bags and then shouted at me that covid is over and to let him in to my house when the instruction was to leave them in the porch. 

fast forward to today and again they refused to help with the shopping again (the website says if you need assistance the drivers will help pack) so I called customer services who took my complaint and told me to tell the driver to return the shopping

a few hours later I heard from customer service and they claimed that the driver accused me of having covid and put that down as the reason he didn’t deliver. So I had a witness with me who wrote to them confirming that I never said I had covid and that the driver was lying through his teeth so we got no food, no drink and had to order take out.

I've told them that their actions are discrimination that we notified them before of my mobility issues and my partners and I said I’m seeking compensation. The store said if you provide bags or buy them they will pack in to them but they don’t.

I've had enough, I don’t know how someone can step on to your property, treat you badly and then lie through their teeth. So I decided to install cctv cameras because in England you can record on your own property and put cctv camera signs up so that’s what I’m doing, at the weekend if it happens again I will have evidence of their treatment and I am going to take legal action. Tomorrow I’ve got to walk in to town and struggle to carry heavy shopping. 

what’s crippling me is the stress and anxiety of it all, I have high blood pressure anyway and this is probably increasing my blood pressure. I don’t know how to get out of this state of constant stress and anxiety. It’s like my heart races, I can feel my body tense up and my breathing becomes difficult because of the anxiety. I don’t how to get past it, it’s been this way too two weeks or so now.

That's awful.  People are treating you so poorly.  Things have been rough for me lately so I can definitely empathize.  I sure hope things get better for you!

I’m so sorry you are going through that. Some people can be so cruel and inconsiderate. Don’t let the actions of self involved idiots make you question your self worth, you deserve better than how you were treated. 

The whole situation is not great, I got food poisoning from having to have takeaway so did my partner, it’s not about the money although that is a factor, it’s the principle that the supermarket changed their policy because the lockdown is eased off here (which I think it a mistake but it’s not down to me) people where I live don’t take covid seriously, most don’t wear a mask, you see people hanging around in groups talking and that’s down to them. To me it’s the fact that people will walk all over vulnerable people and get away with it because 9 times out of 10 nothing will happen. Maybe it was my upbringing but i look at things in legal terms because I learned a lot about law and rights growing up.

it’s the sheer fact that they will keep on doing it, not just to me but to my family, I have family many miles away who are more vulnerable than me, covid would be risky to them and they too can’t cope with packing shopping and there are more people out there like this. This is the 4th times it happened to me and the 4th time was the time they really got to me. A camera cost us £20 which was down from £60, to install it, it’s light enough to sit on the side mounted with double sided tape, it powers from a standard usb and we have power sockets nearby. A court case would set me back £80, £20 for the camera, a discrimination case would award anywhere from £500 upwards and is pretty much a slam dunk. To me it’s about there being consequences to actions and maybe they will think twice.

I only bring cases that I am 90% certain that I will win. In my life time I’ve brought two cases related to faulty goods and I’ve brought discrimination case to the ombudsman and won, it made the news and I was assigned a personal banker to ensure the issues I encountered wouldn’t happen again. It’s not about the money although the money is nice, it’s about hitting them where it hurts and where they will pay attention, the pocket.

a lot of discrimination goes on in this country, especially to disabled people or people with disabilities or vulnerabilities and it hits a nerve because most people can’t fight back. From my bed I will lay there and wrong out legal documents, responses and if I need to I can send them snail mail using the internet or I can submit digitally and to be honest concentrating on something can help with my anxiety.
If the delivery drivers or the store bags stuff this in the coming weeks I will reconsider my position. At a minimum I think I need a camera for our own safety because people can be dishonest, if not the food delivery, other delivery firms and before lockdown there was a spate of burglaries in the area so I feel safer with W camera. The main thing that triggered my anxiety was the dentist, now my teeth are sort of stable I don’t intend to go back to that dentist and avoid dentist for as long as I safely can.

i could look at every situation and think to myself why me and get butter about it, but I’d rather just be sort of mad and use the mad to motivate me to complain. I don’t complain often, I do complement when a company does good, I leave my share of good reviews to. What I need right now is stability, regular food and drink ( in the past two or three days I’ve had one bottle of water to drink and that’s been it, I struggle to stay hydrated end not having drink delivered hurt) then I need to be by the sea for a while and let it calm me down. There’s something about being by the sea is relaxing and grounds me, same with woodland but I’m not able to walk far these days. Today I got to wait in to the post then get some food and drink and rest. Tomorrow is another food delivery day and I’m anxious but tomorrow could be a better day.