Dosage too high?

I've been on Cymbalta for several years with good results, but it seems to be losing its effect. My doctor increased me gradually to 150mg, with only temporary benefit (no benefit at all at 150). Is it possible that the higher doses could actually be making my depression worse? I started back on 120 today as we work on switching me to 120 and I feel considerably better, especially considering that yesterday was will.  I'm curious about what effect a dosage that's too high might have. 

I tried 30 through to 120mg in my efforts with cymbalta. I currently take 90 mg. I have gone up to 120 but it left me completely lacking motivation, no will to do anything.... they added other stuff to remotivate me but I just felt drugged..... went down to 90 and then to 60, where the effect was insufficient. Stable at 90 for two years now.

i know this doesnt answer your question, but it might help you to know that the doctors wanted mt to go higher but my body told me there was a limit. I’m sure a pharmacist could explain the effects off too much neuroephrine??? and serotonin.

@Extremebeginner - Good for you. I had the same problem. Once my dose went up to see if it would help I was so unmotivated it was a problem. They tried me on some low dose amphetamine to offset the problem. Didn't really work. It was as much a mental laziness as physical. Went completely off Cymbalta and that didn't work out so well. Went back on at 30mg and anything higher and my body quits. Tried mixing Wellbutrin for the side effects and it actually intensified the side effects instead of fixing them. So no Wellbutrin. I deal with the side effects but I'm not thrilled about it.