Sign in to follow this  
Darcy3

Wellbutrin and Paxil taken daily

My doctor has prescribed 300 mg of Wellbutrin and 10Mg Paxil and 5mg of Diazepam.  I have not taken the Paxil and I am afraid of being over medicated.  Has anyone taken Wellbutrin and Paxil together and if so how do you take them?  I take Diazepam when I am really panic stricken or have serious anxiety...I appreciate all replies.

I was on Wellbutrin for 15 years.  I didn't know until after I went on disability due to severe anxiety that one of the possible side effects of Wellbutrin is anxiety.  I had been treated for depression for many years but did not develop severe anxiety that caused "morning terrors" meaning when I woke each morning my body was literally shaking with fear.  It took about three hours to go away, thus causing me to lose a lot of time from work.  When I told my p-doc, he then put me on 5 mg of Klonopin (clonazepam - same family of meds as diazepam/Valium) without telling me it was extremely addictive and should only be taken for short periods of time.

I am seeing another Dr. now who was shocked at the amount of Klonopin I was placed on.  I've now weaned down to 0.5 mg Klonopin to be taken 1-2x/day as needed and weaned off Wellbutrin.  From my experience, I warn people about Wellbutrin.  I'll be on Klonopin the rest of my life because my body is so addicted to even that small amount that if I miss even three days I begin having very uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms that have landed me in the ER several times.