Sign in to follow this  
Blue Giant

Sex & Eating Addictions

My depression has caused addictions in my life, mainly sex and eating and both are getting out of control. Sex just started with myself but now has expanded to dangerous areas and every time I try to go cold turkey I get pulled back in and I'm getting scared. Eating started with just enjoying some chocolate but now it's like I have convinced my brain that I can't function without it. I had a bad night last night in both areas so today is the day I hope to put things back on track, it's only the 674th time if tried, wish me luck. 

We can stop a lot of addictive things in life but these two things will probably be a part of all of our lives for the rest of the time we're here.  The perfect solution?  If we come up with it we might be the first ones.🤐

Just now, sober4life said:

The perfect solution?  If we come up with it we might be the first ones.

Jerry Seinfeld's buddy George Costanza tried to solve this.  In one episode he told Jerry he would like a way to combine his two favorite things, sex and food.  So he went to bed with a girl,  both were under the covers; but George stuck out his head and one arm to have a quick bit of his favorite desert, before darting back under the covers.  I wouldn't try this at home . . . maybe.

Bulgakov