Dq333

Trouble sleeping

Insomnia is another condition I inherited. Sleep hygiene, practices that signal to my body and brain when it's time to rest help a little. Lately, watching videos of repetitive movements like cleaning or restoration seem to work well. 

Yes, I have insomnia. I found these videos on YouTube where they feature steady sounds, like rain or wind...my favorite is the sound of crew quarters on a starship. Very soothing. Or the fire in a fireplace while blizzard winds roar outside. All of these help me fall asleep faster.

I have to have fans running so even in the winter there might be a fan on both sides of the bed facing forward turned on high because there's no such thing as silence.  I wish I knew what quiet was.  It's like that radio station I listen to that has a thing that says bed the place where I remember everything I have to do.  The problem is this technology probably.  All day we're distracted by something except for when we're trying to go to sleep we have to deal with the person we've been running from all day.

I take supplements that help me, but even with them I have to use Bose sleep aids.  They go in your ear.  You can choose different sounds.  They can block out snorers too.:). If I forget to charge them no matter what supplements I am taking I wake up a lot without them.

My ex girlfriend wanted to break up like a week ago so I was really sad and could not sleep. Once I started talking to new people I could sleep again easier.

Overall I think having healthy hobbies and positive social interactions will help you sleep. Usually people cannot sleep if they have negative or traumatizing interactions with people because people at their core are social from my experience.

21 hours ago, sober4life said:

I've been having happy dreams with mom.  It's me and my brother as kids but we're all 3 in the afterlife together.  The sun is so bright and the sky is so blue and we're all happy again.  I can feel her hug and hear her voice and it's her when she was young and strong.  She was the best mom ever.  She was there for me every second that I needed her for everything and I was there for her.  We helped each other through this life.  To go from that a very happy life to running over to the window screaming who's that when anyone comes up the driveway.  I can't live the rest of my life this way.  This would have been a happy place for us but now with just me this place might as well be on fire the whole time it's so miserable.

I am so sorry your mom gas passed.  My mom died when I was 17.  I still miss her everyday.  I keep her picture by my bed.  I often think about how I would like to talk to her or what life might be like if she was here.  She treated me good as well and was kind.  I wish I had her to talk to.  I wish I could tell her how  feel.   I’m sorry for your loss.  She must think the world of you and think of you like you think of her.  Thanks for sharing that dream.  I’m glad you had a sweet mom too.

I have to have a fan on. I concentrate on the sounds it makes. Really hard nights I have an ocean sounds & rainfall loop on my phone I use.  Ocean for me is the best because that’s the only place I’m fully at peace.  Try one.