Most awful thing someone did to you

We all have been bullied once in our lives, and some of us carried to adulthood. Some even developed depression because of the bullying in the past. I have to admit, I still remember the harsh words someone said to me and the things he has done. Maybe, it's subconsciously the reason why I don't open up easily. What's the most difficult thing you experienced in the hands of the bullies? Were you able to cope up? What did you do? 

I have to many to mentioned and I'm trying to move on. But someone saying I love you just to say it is the most awful thing people can do.

Edited by watalife

The worst thing is all the times people have tried to **** me.  My life has been a life where if I sat down and tried to remember all the times I would probably forget some of them.  That's how common it has been and people wonder why I'm so destroyed.

Hi. Thanks for all your responses.

I never thought about that but yeah, people who say I love you just to get something from you or to just not look bad is the worst. Like using our your emotions to manipulate you.

Sorry to hear about that. I don't know why there are many people who would want to emotionally destroy someone. I mean I couldn't even sleep if I know I said something rude like, "hey who ate my fudge in the fridge?"

That's all anyone has ever done with me use my emotions to manipulate me.  Not in a million years do I believe they've ever meant it when they said they love me or they'll use a fake hug.  I doubt I've ever gotten a real hug either.  I don't believe anyone even knows what love means.  Growing up the only way I knew how things should be was by watching sitcoms.  My life growing up was just a bunch of people in the room stuck with each other.  There were no roles.

Reliving the trauma of high school is enough to start a fresh panic attack. Ive had so many dreams about different scenarios where ive finally stood up to the bullies.. I think thats the worst part of being bullied, not being able to stand up and do something for yourself at the time so you then relive it over and over thinking you should of said this or done that. One thing and its not even the worst but ill always remember it, I was 16 and walked into class and this horrible girl who always always tormented me, gave me a brown paper bag and told me id look better with it on, so I turned around and said actually I think it'd look better on you and handed it back. Another time I was walking down the corridor and this girl was throwing stones at me so I turned around and called her a bitch and she ran after me and slammed me into my locker, pushed me down and was kicking me and pulling my hair out. To this day I dont even know why I was such a target. There probably isn't even a why and if I knew the why it probably wouldn't help, because I dont want an apology from any of these people.

The worst though is being betrayed by people you loved and trusted, I've never gotten over what happened between my high school boyfriend and best friend at the time. I trusted them both so much and I was utterly heart broken by what happened. Its easy to say "thats just high school, you were kids then" and sure we were but it wasn't a simple breakup from either of them. Betrayal by people you whole heartedly trust, definitely the worst thing ever done to me. And I've never been able to trust or love anyone like that since. 

I did stand up to the bullies.  Who knows they might have been partly responsible for me losing my mind in school.  Who got kicked out of school?  The one that couldn't take it anymore and stood up to all the bullies.  That's always the answer.  Why?  Well half the time that person is being bullied by teachers too and that's the last thing they want anyone to find out.

Edited by sober4life

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 3:43 AM, sober4life said:

That's all anyone has ever done with me use my emotions to manipulate me.  Not in a million years do I believe they've ever meant it when they said they love me or they'll use a fake hug.  I doubt I've ever gotten a real hug either.  I don't believe anyone even knows what love means.  Growing up the only way I knew how things should be was by watching sitcoms.  My life growing up was just a bunch of people in the room stuck with each other.  There were no roles.

I'm sorry about that. I feel you, and sometimes it makes me wonder why others do not experience the same. It's like they have so much happiness and love. How can that be?

On 4/17/2021 at 7:09 AM, Charlee said:

Reliving the trauma of high school is enough to start a fresh panic attack. Ive had so many dreams about different scenarios where ive finally stood up to the bullies.. I think thats the worst part of being bullied, not being able to stand up and do something for yourself at the time so you then relive it over and over thinking you should of said this or done that. One thing and its not even the worst but ill always remember it, I was 16 and walked into class and this horrible girl who always always tormented me, gave me a brown paper bag and told me id look better with it on, so I turned around and said actually I think it'd look better on you and handed it back. Another time I was walking down the corridor and this girl was throwing stones at me so I turned around and called her a bitch and she ran after me and slammed me into my locker, pushed me down and was kicking me and pulling my hair out. To this day I dont even know why I was such a target. There probably isn't even a why and if I knew the why it probably wouldn't help, because I dont want an apology from any of these people.

The worst though is being betrayed by people you loved and trusted, I've never gotten over what happened between my high school boyfriend and best friend at the time. I trusted them both so much and I was utterly heart broken by what happened. Its easy to say "thats just high school, you were kids then" and sure we were but it wasn't a simple breakup from either of them. Betrayal by people you whole heartedly trust, definitely the worst thing ever done to me. And I've never been able to trust or love anyone like that since. 

Wow.. I could only imagine the pain. This made me sad. I don't know what to say. I don't think I'll get over this kind of pain either. How are you dealing with it?

With all these things, has anyone of you tried seeing a therapist. How did it go?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 9:51 AM, CamiMoo said:

I'm sorry about that. I feel you, and sometimes it makes me wonder why others do not experience the same. It's like they have so much happiness and love. How can that be?

Wow.. I could only imagine the pain. This made me sad. I don't know what to say. I don't think I'll get over this kind of pain either. How are you dealing with it?

With all these things, has anyone of you tried seeing a therapist. How did it go?

Honestly I haven't really, I don't think about it or talk about it, but for the first few years after high school I would have continuous nightmares about it, thankfully not anymore, but yeah Im not sure if its something ill ever get over. Im such an closed, anxious scared adult now, I mostly keep to myself with only a few friends and I don't go out often, and its most likely because of what happened at school.. I have seen three different  therapists, but they weren't the right people to delve into that box with.. so nothings really helped, I just do my best to continue living. But I don't open up, thats probably why therapy hasn't been successful for me heh but I have a cat who is my absolute best friend in the whole world, her companionship helps a lot also 🙂 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:18 AM, Charlee said:

Honestly I haven't really, I don't think about it or talk about it, but for the first few years after high school I would have continuous nightmares about it, thankfully not anymore, but yeah Im not sure if its something ill ever get over. Im such an closed, anxious scared adult now, I mostly keep to myself with only a few friends and I don't go out often, and its most likely because of what happened at school.. I have seen three different  therapists, but they weren't the right people to delve into that box with.. so nothings really helped, I just do my best to continue living. But I don't open up, thats probably why therapy hasn't been successful for me heh but I have a cat who is my absolute best friend in the whole world, her companionship helps a lot also 🙂 

I'm somehow glad that you have someone with you. There's nothing we can do about the past so I think you're doing a great job living your life, trying to be all right as possible. I do believe that life can catch us by surprise so happiness may find you soon enough. Hang in there.

2 hours ago, Caldmood said:

I'm somehow glad that you have someone with you. There's nothing we can do about the past so I think you're doing a great job living your life, trying to be all right as possible. I do believe that life can catch us by surprise so happiness may find you soon enough. Hang in there.

Thank you, thats kind of you to say ❤️ Life will be what it will be 

May not seem like a big deal but I did have some new co worker befriend me to take my job. I thought I had an honest friend for the first time and she would ask questions about the job and what I do. I thought since she was new it’ll be cool to show her the ropes nope. She documented everything I did and secretly message my superiors about it. Took leads on projects and other things I didn’t know till they told me my position would be “shared”’with her if I didn’t like it I could move departments. It was a huge blow to me.

Posted (edited)

It's sad when the biggest red flag in life is someone being nice to us.  It seems like there is either people that aren't interested at all or people that act like spiders that try to trick us into their web.  That's it really.

Edited by sober4life

Posted (edited)

Nothing really. I am ashamed to think that I believe the most awful thing is my conception.

I have bullied, though... and that cannot be forgiven.

Edited by APFSDS

• 2 months later...

I could make an extremely long list of what countless people done to me ever. However the worst was being very heavy manipulated that he confused me so much since I never had a boyfriend before or know what to do either in a relationship. I was his prey since I also have a learning disability so he took advantage of me from that too. He sweet talked me and told me everyone in romantic relationship have sex. So I was forced into sexual acts which I didn't want to do and NEVER said yes to him NOT ever. Some people said it was rape others said I wanted it. It was all oral though and pressured me a lot to really do it.

I was like many women who went through this or go through it now blinded by possible love and didn't want to leave thinking its all okay what he was doing to me. Though I finally realized one day this was wrong and he was wrong and got out safely with the help of my mother and sister. I never saw him again though sadly I never got justice since it was a program I was in for people for learning, severe too other disabilities. A place to help them and help give benefits too. I told my case manager  there what he did and she did NOTHING about it. No police,  no banning him from the place  absolutely NOTHING.

Its more complicated the place I'm talking about so my apologies I can't  explain it better or more in detail. Though all I know I wasn't his first victim since a girl there told me she also dated him at one time. There corrupted,  have staff that don't care nor help the severe clients who really need it. All about the money and had the most idiotic rules ever. So thats my story.

36 minutes ago, Shijima said:

I could make an extremely long list of what countless people done to me ever. However the worst was being very heavy manipulated that he confused me so much since I never had a boyfriend before or know what to do either in a relationship. I was his prey since I also have a learning disability so he took advantage of me from that too. He sweet talked me and told me everyone in romantic relationship have sex. So I was forced into sexual acts which I didn't want to do and NEVER said yes to him NOT ever. Some people said it was rape others said I wanted it. It was all oral though and pressured me a lot to really do it.

I was like many women who went through this or go through it now blinded by possible love and didn't want to leave thinking its all okay what he was doing to me. Though I finally realized one day this was wrong and he was wrong and got out safely with the help of my mother and sister. I never saw him again though sadly I never got justice since it was a program I was in for people for learning, severe too other disabilities. A place to help them and help give benefits too. I told my case manager  there what he did and she did NOTHING about it. No police,  no banning him from the place  absolutely NOTHING.

Its more complicated the place I'm talking about so my apologies I can't  explain it better or more in detail. Though all I know I wasn't his first victim since a girl there told me she also dated him at one time. There corrupted,  have staff that don't care nor help the severe clients who really need it. All about the money and had the most idiotic rules ever. So thats my story.

Something similar happened to me in a group home.  Like you they just got me out of there.  It was a long time ago.  My parents knew and even a judge and doctors knew about it.  I thought something would happen.  I thought they would do something but they didn't.  By now it's long past the point of being able to get justice but I wish I would have went to the police myself but I decided to trust others and things went nowhere.

15 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Something similar happened to me in a group home.  Like you they just got me out of there.  It was a long time ago.  My parents knew and even a judge and doctors knew about it.  I thought something would happen.  I thought they would do something but they didn't.  By now it's long past the point of being able to get justice but I wish I would have went to the police myself but I decided to trust others and things went nowhere.

I'm very sorry that happened to you too I would of gone to the police but I didn't have real evidence to show I was and it would be he said she said stuff. So like you I tried that place for help and never got justice and they said or didn't do anything to help me. I will NEVER forgive him and some other things a few done to me over the years. Though over time I did let some of my pain go by letting it go and forgiving them.