I hate depression so much, I’m trying so hard to eat right & do some exercise everyday, but getting older makes things a lot harder. I just realized today I’ve been coming on this website for about 20 years now.....this was so helpful for me when I was first diagnosed with my disorders, I’m almost 46 and have been a member since my mid twenties.....anyways I’m just trying to interact with people again because my anxiety & depression is getting to a unbearable point again. It’s a never ending struggle.

17 minutes ago, Moongypsy575 said:

I hate depression so much, I’m trying so hard to eat right & do some exercise everyday, but getting older makes things a lot harder. I just realized today I’ve been coming on this website for about 20 years now.....this was so helpful for me when I was first diagnosed with my disorders, I’m almost 46 and have been a member since my mid twenties.....anyways I’m just trying to interact with people again because my anxiety & depression is getting to a unbearable point again. It’s a never ending struggle.

This is a great place, for sure. I've met some fantastic folks here and have become close friends with them.  I'm also still alive and no longer drinking. 

Congratulations on the anniversary!

I've probably been here for 20 years too.  I came here in 2001 after getting my first apartment.  I'm sure as soon as the internet got turned on I was here.  I was in a scary place on my own right after being homeless.  I've made lots of friends here that have saved my life.  This is a place that would make Kurt Cobain proud when he sang the song come as you are because this is the only place I've ever found in my life that says be yourself whoever you are.  We love you for you.  It's making me cry typing this.

I def agree these forums are amazing, when I first got sick and fell into my depression and mood swings in my early twenties I was terrified and alone , I don’t think I could have gotten through it without this site. Well I’m here if anyone would like a new friend!!!!!❤️❤️

Looks like I passed my 8 year anniversary here--I joined in April 2013. Just in time, I might add...this was when I was really bottoming out.