Over - sensitive

Hopeless

Pointless

pointless

pointless

pointless

pointless

I'm half way gone already

What's there to stop me from going the rest of the way?

Edited by florryx

hi florry,

i guess i can relate to your word list. if i wrote a list about me would probably look pretty similar.

however you sound to me as if you would need real life help now. PLEASE if you feel as down as your post sounds,

do get real life help NOW! call a helpline, call 911 (err not sure, is it the same in UK?) or go to ER.

we don't want you to be going! :hearts:

here's the UK helplines:

http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/Suicide-support-information-UK-t2972.html

(sorry i can't even manage to post a link...)

Edited by mynah

(((((Florryx)))))

Is there anyway you can take that list and write a positive down next to the negative??? Very hard indeed...not sure if I could do it myself...but it's a thought...

Like the others said...if you go anywhere...go to HELP!!!!

:hearts::bump:

BookEater

Pathetic

Ugly

Ridiculous

Weak

Lonely

Stupid

Isolated

Cold

Unfriendly

Panicked

Hurt

Over - sensitive

Hopeless

Pointless

pointless

pointless

pointless

pointless

I'm half way gone already

What's there to stop me from going the rest of the way?

Try to think of some positive things and make a list and just listen to some music that makes you happy. I am pulling for you and hope that you will get help and talk to someone either a close friend or some type of couselor. Warm thoughts are going your way! :hearts: Please hang in there.

:hearts: Florryx :bump:

I havent really got anything to say,

but you made my day the other day,

being friendly and talking to me.

I think your truly lovely person!!

HUGS

Isabeau :shocked:

Every word you listed is depression talking negatively to you.

We can only do so much for you on DF. You need to seek professional help, or if you are in a bad way, get yourself to the hospital. If you just need to talk to someone IRL, call the Samitans. They've been a good and helpful resource for our UK members.

Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

Sheepwoman :hearts:

Thank you for all your kind words and wishes - I'm sleeping a lot. I will be fine soon.

Sorry for being so pathetic.

I hope you are all doing well :hearts:

{{{{{Florry}}}}}

Thinking of you and sending warm wishes your way! Your a very special person and have brought alot to these forums! :hearts:

I hope your feeling better soon!

:shocked: florryx :shocked:

Depression is lying to you. :nod: Don`t believe it. :blush21: You are valued and loved even though you may not see it. :tear2::bump: Oversensitive? Hmmm people see me as oversensitive too but I see them as inconsiderate of others feelings. :hearts:

Thank you to everyone, you really made a difference.

I've manage to wrestle with it all and get it back into that manageable ball that sits inside me, for the moment. I'm focusing on my revision, somehow it's working for once.

I figured I just don't seem to respond to anything that upsets me - this goes on for ages, until it all comes out in one big depressive suicidal episode - until it's tamed again, (sometimes quickly, sometimes not so much...) and I go back to being the ice queen.

Thank you again,

Florry :hearts:

p.s sorry to anyone who hates pink

Edited by florryx

Thank you to everyone, you really made a difference.

I've manage to wrestle with it all and get it back into that manageable ball that sits inside me, for the moment. I'm focusing on my revision, somehow it's working for once.

I figured I just don't seem to respond to anything that upsets me - this goes on for ages, until it all comes out in one big depressive suicidal episode - until it's tamed again, (sometimes quickly, sometimes not so much...) and I go back to being the ice queen.

Thank you again,

Florry :hearts:

p.s sorry to anyone who hates pink

I`m just happy that you`re okay. :bump:

hi florry,

i'm glad that you're ok so far now :bump:

and that you managed to wrestle it back into that manageable ball inside, and not have it 'overflooding' you anymore for now. it gets easier to deal with feelings when they not pop up all together screamin negativity at you in unison. but difficult the process to learn to deal with them. depression can be a nasty beast. glad that you're still here! :hearts:

One thing depression does is distorts our thinking, thats why i'm doing CBT, which is helping. So don't believe the list of words you wrote down. I'm sure your a very nice young lady :)

I'd also recommend cbt to anyone.

Edited by Brit

:hearts: Florry :bump:

I'm sorry I missed this post.

You are not those words, they are not you at all.

I hope you are feeling better, come play the words games. They kept me going one night.

I felt so bad but Joanna was on- I never told her- I could hardly type I was so upset but I am glad I did!

We are here for you,

love Daisychain.

Thank you all so much.

Things are better, and I'm feeling a little more stable. If I don't let myself dwell too long on megative thoughts, then I don't give myself the opportunity to slip into that slump. I think it was someone on my blog who said that that is how they get by too. It's hard - but I'm channeling everything into trying to focus on revision still - it seems to be working.

I have a mental health assessment tomorrow. I'm SO scared. One good thing is that it's at 9.45am, so I have to get up earlier than usual, so the day will start sooner, and then so will my revision. I'm just scared that it will go as badly as last time I went to the doctors - but at least it is a different person.

Apparently I have to fill out forms. I find these very hard. I've spent hours thinking over what my issues are, and I've tied myself up in knots wondering what is normal, and what isn't!

Thank you for all your support - :hearts:

Florry

Hi Florry,

I'm not sure what a mental health assessment is. I recently went to the hospital to see a mental health worker. I was in with her nearly one hour. She asked me some questions about what had been going on with me and gave me a questionnaire to fill out.

It had questions about my self esteem, was I ever violent etc then she suggested a course of anxiety management classes at the hospital.

I may have to wait till March but I will try anything.

florryx,

I don't think you should think too much about it. Being prepared is important, but you will probably just wind up obsessing and going in circles with your emotions. Just remember that you are a good person no matter what happens. No need to make something to stressful when it can just be simple. :)