Question about Olanzapine.

Hello Everyone,

My doctor recently has recently prescribed an Anti-Psychotic named Olanzapine 10mg for schizophrenia. It's been almost my 4th day of Olanzapine. So, I've been feeling its side effect now like dizziness, drowsiness, shaking etc......

My question is that in how many days I'll get rid of these side effects?

Regards,

Qasim

Well I've taken most meds for schizophrenia.  I no longer do take any of them.  They will tell you the side effects go away over time.  They don't really.  I had to drink massive amounts of coffee to function and have a normal life.  The meds for us seem to be for everyone around us and not us.  I'll be honest.  I've never liked any of them.

On 3/8/2021 at 6:01 AM, Happpy said:

Hello Everyone,

My doctor recently has recently prescribed an Anti-Psychotic named Olanzapine 10mg for schizophrenia. It's been almost my 4th day of Olanzapine. So, I've been feeling its side effect now like dizziness, drowsiness, shaking etc......

My question is that in how many days I'll get rid of these side effects?

Regards,

Qasim

yes it takes time ...i got started at a lower dosage and i have side effects for the first week..just hang in there,,it's different for every person ... if they become really bothersome, and scare you i would ask your doctor...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm asking about steady state concentration of Olanzapine. Like, Citalopram, Escitalopram etc... take 10 to 15 days to set. How many days Olanzapine takes it to set?

Is there anyone who can tell me about olanzapine or Quetiapine? How many days Quetiapine takes it to settle down in body? Steady state concentration? I mean in how many days a person's side effects finish off? Help me Plzzzz!

Plz Plz Plz help me!!!! In how many days Quetiapine sets in body? 

For example, we take Escitalopram, that sets in our body in 12 to 15 days. So how about Quetiapine?