Relationship with my kids is a whole lot better.I have a son and daughter from a previous relationship.Son is now 18 and daughter is 16.They were 16 and 14 at the time seeing I was depressed after I turned 40.I didn't want to tell them at first and felt guilty after that.It was after I was diagnosed with this that they were finally told and told them another reason for it.Told them I am transgender and planned on becoming a woman.It was hard for them for a couple months at first.They learned I suffered in my past from my dad being mean to me holding me back from coming out as transgender.Did find help for them as well and this was when I started my transition 2 years ago,thought they were going to lose their dad for good.Explained to them I was going to be in their life as dad but much happier as my true self.It has been one step at a time with the changes,they learned dad is now happy as a woman as a pre op MTF transsexual.They have said they love me as their dad still with my life back.Call me Allison and dad to this day.Learned it was tough for me to open up to them about my past.I admit I am proud of them for accepting this and know I live a happier life to this day.

It has worked out well,it also taught my son something called come out about himself.3 months into my transition,he came out as a part time crossdresser going by Beth.Told him I was proud of him and love and accept Beth as a part time daughter