Sign in to follow this  
ladysmurf

Medical marijuana

If anyone has any suggestions, opinions, experiences feel free to post.....I've meet a few people who have seen results from this and I was just wondering if anyone in this forum had any.. please let us know..

My opinion is it works great for sleep.  I don't know about anxiety.  It becomes like a cigarette.  You keep needing more and more.  I think it made my anxiety worse overall but it was the best thing in the world for sleep.

Posted (edited)

Yes it makes things worse. If you are a chronic user it intensifies angry outburst. But if your not angry it might make you more calm. When I used it I would more often cry or think why did I do that than sit back and be happy. It was the rabbit hole of hell for at least 2-4 hours. If your paranoid at all i would be careful. It wasn't medical grade but I'm guessing it is all the same. Lol

Edited by watalife

If you found the right kind and had an unlimited supply in a stress free situation it would be perfect.  Let me know if you find this paradise.  So like if you were Mike Tyson on his ranch that would be great.  If medical insurance pays for it great.  If not being able to afford the amount you would need to feel good all the time would be very difficult.  So technically it would work if you were able to have an unlimited supply somehow.

I've used cannabis on and off, more on lately, for forty five years.  My experience is that I never felt I needed more and more.  I'm sure I use less now that when I was younger. 

Bulgakov

What I meant by more and more was yes it helped with anxiety but it created a need for the next time.  I'm a person with a brain that is never satisfied though.  There's never a point where my brain says this is enough.

I've had excellent luck with it for anxiety and sleep. I only take it at night, after I get home from work. I don't smoke/eat a lot of it, but I feel much more relaxed and calm throughout the day. 

I also enjoy watching old comedy shows when I'm "high". I actually laugh, which is something I thought I'd forgotten how to do. 

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

What I meant by more and more was yes it helped with anxiety but it created a need for the next time.  I'm a person with a brain that is never satisfied though.  There's never a point where my brain says this is enough.

that's how brain works too, nothing is ever enough ..and also the cost of it is a lot, so i don't know if i can afford it.

1 hour ago, ladysmurf said:

that's how brain works too, nothing is ever enough ..and also the cost of it is a lot, so i don't know if i can afford it.

I buy a small amount at a time for that reason; generally 1/8th ounce (3.5 grams). It lasts me for a few weeks.

I have a friend who makes "edibles," which is a nice change from smoking. The effect is a bit longer lasting.

3 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I buy a small amount at a time for that reason; generally 1/8th ounce (3.5 grams). It lasts me for a few weeks.

I have a friend who makes "edibles," which is a nice change from smoking. The effect is a bit longer lasting.

from what i read the edible has a longer effect, but it depends on what you want to use it for , anxiety, pain, etc...different THC levels and CBD and all that, plus i think it varies by person just like medications but thank you for replying..I will try to look into it.

Have used on/off and at different levels for 14 years. When I was younger, I was a heavy user. Right now I'm using very little, and will probably quit here soon.

I'm on the fence about its effectiveness. Short-term it seems to melt away anxiety, allowing you to not take things so seriously. Long-term, it has its problems. I think I've been somewhat dependent on it. As mentioned above, it is a powerful sleeping aid, but I find my sleep void of any dreaming. It can mess with a proper sleep cycle. And I've put off a lot of important things from being high or just tired. I hate to perpetuate the lazy stoner stereotype, everyone is different in how they use and react to it, but I've been that lazy stoner. And if you're a heavy user, it can be hard to quit: hard to sleep, night sweats, loss of appetite. Moderation is key for anyone thinking of trying it.

hello,

Art, music, and dance are forms of creative expression that can help you process and cope with emotional issues, including depression. Expressive therapy  For  Depression goes beyond traditional talk therapy. It focuses on creative outlets as a means of expression. This therapy can be especially helpful for people who find it difficult to talk about their thoughts and emotions.

I used cannabis for decades and it helped with some symptoms of depression and anxiety but also created other problems for me. I stopped using all cannabis products about 3 years ago. 

Certain strains of Cannabis Sativa gave a boost to mood while others aggravated my anxiety disorder. Specific strains of Cannabis Indica helped with insomnia while others induced uncomfortable sensations in my body. 

I think a problem occurs with cannabis when we use it to numb out, which can prevent us from learning to tolerate difficult emotions. And l found it increasingly hard to properly measure out doses (I'd use too much). And cannabis growers in my region breed plants with higher and higher levels of THC, the psychoactive compound. 

I do miss the euphoric quality of being high and the sedative effects but I'll trade that for the mindfulness and clarity that seemed impaired, perhaps by the dosage I was taking. 

Posted (edited)

Bro, marijuana is the best thing ever to do when it comes to depression or anxiety, just believe me. However, I see why some people are concerned here. It’s because I am talking about taking marijuana on prescription, not the way you see it. The whole point of that is because weed is an amplification of your general mood, so if you are depressed you can catch a very bad trip. Here mailorder-marijuana.com you can look for the best marijuana in the town, boy. The prices are fair, and the quality is good. Just don’t forget to call your doctor.

Edited by Toji