Sign in to follow this  
FerryJerry

Feel insecure about food

I comfort eat and I’m not very active but after talking to the doctor and realising where my health is heading I think I swapped one eating issue for another because now I am scared to eat so I swapped on to meal replacement shakes and I’ve become obsessed with weight loss and part of me doesn’t care what the consequences are long term as long as I can reverse the health issues I have. Whenever I used to get upset I ate ice cream and now I replacing two meals with shakes and exercising and I joined a group that post inspirational posts to loose weight. Over 6 years I became very inactive and I can’t well very well but I’ve kept my muscles by some miracle so I devices to lift weights but I want to be thin and get nicer clothes but more importantly I want to reverse my high blood pressure and I don’t want to struggle to walk anymore, life in bed in a miserable life  and eating bad foods I think fuels my depression. I’ve become really obsessed and joined a chat group that encourages weight loss and I feel happy and hopeful for once

Well I'm the same as you.  Is it really bad for us to become obsessed with reversing our health issues and getting healthier?  Maybe you're like me and we always have to be full tilt into something so it might as well be full tilt into getting and staying healthy right?

Edited by sober4life

I used to comfort eat all the time. Never really thought much of it until I was at my heaviest and diagnosed with diabetes. Snapped out of old habits quick and changed my diet to healthy foods and made sure to exercise every day. I ended up going to therapy because I had a weird relationship with food after that. I was scared of carbs or anything that would spike my sugar. My therapist kind of specializes in eating disorders. I worked through it and now don't fear foods that will make me feel bad. I have learned to balance things out. I do still like walking everyday. I will alternate with lean shakes as a meal replacement or a snack because I know exactly how many calories and how many carbs. It a tough balance but you have to just keep a healthy perspective and balance. 

I’ve thrown myself in at the deep end, I got my intake right down and I’ve been exercising most days and I brought some scales and joined a extreme group, but I find myself tired easily but I’ve started having bananas and i brought some oats with milk alternatives and I am determined to become healthy.  Today I walked 3 miles straight. I am obsessed and i find it helps having people on my chat group for support and inspiration or makes me feel like I’m not alone in all of this