Hello,

I'm Leah.  I've suffered from Depression all my life.  I cannot remember a time when I was not depressed, so this all started very, very early.  Now I'm in the stage of full-on anhedonia.  This has been going on for about 5 years or so.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of plant-based treatment that is not contra-indicated if one is on SSRIs?  I looked at Ibogaine, but one needs to be off SSRIs for 8 weeks prior to use.  Ayahuasca use also requires one be off SSRIs.  If anyone has any thoughts, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

Welcome new member.

We are all here for each other as best we can.

I can't comment on the antidepressant approach because I never used them.

My experience reveals depression to be a natural formation / resource.

Hope you find a supportive home here.

Our goal is to not leave anyone behind in their depression "cave".

Oscar

Hi Leah,    Welcome to the forums.  I don't know about plants. I take meds that help most days.  When I feel that I'm losing interest in things and my mood is dipping, I turn to essential oils and meditation.  I also do yoga, it helps me to focus on the positions rather than what is running through my mind.

As you know, Iboga and Ayahuasca are very potent hallucinogens. While I believe in the therapeutic use of psychedelic medicine for treatment of depression and other conditions, I also feel it's necessary to use them only with a trained guide and preferably with a psychotherapist. 

Psychedelic therapies require proper setting,  intention and integration after to be beneficial and reduce risk. They can be very effective although Ibogaine can potentially cause great harm. I encourage you to explore this carefully and with help.