Sign in to follow this  
Sol

Covid lockdown and Mirtazapine

After two lockdowns of weeks at a time here in Melbourne, I found myself not feeling like going outside at all, and I completely failed all of my Tafe classes which I found incredibly hard doing remotely.   My sleep patterns destroyed my class time online, and I have experienced such a complete lack of motivation following this that I don't wish to repeat classes until the following year (2022) until they have classes "in class", which i find much better.  I am actually at a loss to explain why my motivation is so much lower, save for the effects of lockdown, but am about to ask my doctor to consider taking me off Mirtazapine (60mg) just for the change and hopefully the improvement. 

It goes without saying I would be much more upset about everything if I wasn't on an SSRI drug for MD.  I found it helped me a lot with my mother's death and funeral, and I coped better than my non depressed sister that day.   I still had break-through crying fits in public, but compared to previous depression not on Mirtazapine it has been manageable.   The complete lack of motivation is definitely a downturn in my mood situation and very worrying.   When I first went on Mirtazapine in 2013, I experienced violent hypnopompic hallucinations on waking now and then (very disturbing) and I definitely had RLS and night terrors where I woke feeling like the room was filled with spider webs (in the dark - not literally seeing webs like in a lit room), and that all settled down over the next 12 months.  Where to go from here though?   Has anyone else felt a worsening of their motivation after lockdowns?

Edited by Sol

Things seem surreal to me in this lock down.  And I have definitely noticed that it has adversely affected my motivation and also my energy levels.  So sorry that it has adversely affected you too!