Fatigued

Shy80

I work from home and have for years because I feel it's better for me since I don't like being around a lot of people for too long. When I work from home, I am fatigued all of the time. I barely can do my work. Luckily, I can work when I want to, but that is still a struggle. I have to keep taking breaks or just lie down.  In fact, the work has become too much for me. I transcribe for a company that deals with car accidents. That's not the problem. It's just that I can't complete the work because I am always exhausted.  I drink coffee to help, but I crash a few moments later. I don't know what to do. 

I am sorry that is happening to you.  How awful!  Have you had a medical checkup lately.  There are all kinds of medical issues that can cause, contribute to or mimic what you describe and only a doctor can test for those.  At the very least such tests might rule out organic factors.  Low thyroid function, low Vitamin D , anemia . . . there are quite a few things that might be causal factors.  Or not.  I find working from home kind of surreal and it definitely has a physical impact on me so I am not saying that medical issues are always at work in these kinds of situations.  Sorry I cannot be helpful to you.  Hopefully others here will prove helpful.  What you describe can really drain the energy and joy of living out of life.  Hope you find the cause and the cure.

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2021 at 1:24 AM, Epictetus said:

I am sorry that is happening to you.  How awful!  Have you had a medical checkup lately.  There are all kinds of medical issues that can cause, contribute to or mimic what you describe and only a doctor can test for those.  At the very least such tests might rule out organic factors.  Low thyroid function, low Vitamin D , anemia . . . there are quite a few things that might be causal factors.  Or not.  I find working from home kind of surreal and it definitely has a physical impact on me so I am not saying that medical issues are always at work in these kinds of situations.  Sorry I cannot be helpful to you.  Hopefully others here will prove helpful.  What you describe can really drain the energy and joy of living out of life.  Hope you find the cause and the cure.

I'm sorry it took so long to respond, but I had blood work done and everything is fine. It's not my thyroids or anything. My doctor said it could be my diet and not exercising. I use to take care of myself all of the time, but since my mom died, I just don't exercise like I used to. I never was really on a diet, but the foods I ate were better than they are now.