My psychiatrist recently took me off Abilify which I had been on for years and started me on Seloquel because he thought the abilify was causing me to have involuntary jerky movements which out didn’t really notice.  I’m also on generic Lexapro, Deplin and Adderall.  I have been a crazy mess since going off the abilify - want to sleep all the time, have no interest in anything, sad, depressed, worrying about everything and general dysfunction.  He has upped the dosage of Seroquel but hasn’t helped a lot.  I’m working remotely and just trying to keep my job!!

I am so sorry you are suffering.  That is heartbreaking!  I wish I knew what to say to help ease your pain.  Hopefully the new med you are on will help and as soon as possible.  Med changes can be so stressful and distressing.  I often get bad anxiety and panic attacks during med changes.  I hope you will start to feel better very soon and without side effects!

Interesting, I was given Abilify to help with my energy and motivation, improve my functioning etc, everything you feel you lost when you came of it. I also took seroquel, which just made me more sleepy. I stopped both and stayed on Cymbalta, but your message inspires me to try Abilify again. 
its a trial and error process getting it right, or better than nothing at least. I would work with your doctor, maybe see if a dosage change is all that is required. You need at least 2 weeks to change over meds without interaction in my experience, however we are all very different in our responses.

either way hope the solution becomes clear soon

Thank you!  You’re right - everyone is different in response to these meds. It has been harder for me to get out of bed in the morning.  It be trial ans error to see what finally works.  

Dont give up on trying the medication route, whilst remembering that medications are generally effective on only about 30% of the people who try them. 
finding other options is also important, so what you eat, what you watch on TV, what you do socially is important too. Hang out with more positive inclined people, watch neutral programming or on line meditation, listen to music, breath properly etc. 

Thank you for the great reminders!!  All good ideas. I’m involved in animal rescue which is a huge positive part of my life.  I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t need to be on Facebook so much because I get sadder and more depressed seeing all the horrible animal abuse that goes on.  😰

Animal rescue, very cool, but I am sure very distressing because you are helping to save helpless victims from terrible situations. I haven't been on Facebook for over four years now. It became time consuming and often full of bad news. My go to is youtube right now, where I can choose what I watch, and often get absorbed in ridiculous programs, that are calming or interesting... I sometimes turn on tictok, just for a laugh, cats doing funny things or a monkey opening a package with zippers in 

I will try YouTube!  Sounds much better. My love of animals is extreme and my husband and I co-founded our wild animal refuge - PrideRock Wildlife Refuge almost 30 years ago.  We care for lions , tigers, bobcats , bears and wolf hybrids.  It has been the most rewarding part of my life but the losses are the hardest part and bring more sadness than I can bear at times.  We also have about 20 dogs that have been dumped in our area and rescued by us.  I have no kids, therefore these animals are my kids and I love them with all my heart!  Our website is www.PrideRock.org if you would like to see our story!