Sign in to follow this  
Anxiety_United

Newbie with "the works"

Greetings, I'm brand new, happy to find the website. 42 year old male, suffered from anxiety/panic/OCD/agoraphobic since 7-8 years old.

In the past, I've sometimes went years in between "bad spells", then have a rough 6-12 months.

Right now... one of those bad times. Reading the posts is comforting. 

I also want to welcome you here.  I can totally identify with what you wrote from my own personal experience.  I think you are so heroic and reading your post inspired me.  Hopefully you will find these Forums helpful to you.  They have helped me a lot.  I look forward to reading anything you choose to post here and want to wish you only the very, very best.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:50 PM, Anxiety_United said:

Greetings, I'm brand new, happy to find the website. 42 year old male, suffered from anxiety/panic/OCD/agoraphobic since 7-8 years old.

In the past, I've sometimes went years in between "bad spells", then have a rough 6-12 months.

Right now... one of those bad times. Reading the posts is comforting. 

Welcome. Many of us here are long term sufferers from childhood, similar to what you posted. I remember knowing something was wrong when I was about 7 or 8 too. They hospitalized me for "tests" at that age. I have no idea what the diagnosis was except that we soon moved back to the family farm afterwards. I think it was a better life than if we'd remained in the suburbs where my mom & dad fought all the time. 

Anyway, please keep posting. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here.

Hello! I'm new here too, and I look forward to getting to know you and all of our new friends in this forum. Seems as if we've found a wonderful community.