Loneliness, anyone else ?

mmd

On 1/4/2021 at 7:08 AM, iWantRope said:

Memorize this rule: people talk to you only to get something out of you, be it wanting you to do something for them; or to borrow something from you e.g. money

If someone doesn't need you they won't call you or be around

If you won't let someone use you, they will also lose interest, even if they say they love you, blah blah blah 

Just called someone and he couldn't talk he was busy with his other children. I'm the one he had with the stray lady

Honestly I don't really care if we talk EVER but he has changed alot and I can't believe how he is never there for me when he is all I have. When my problems became more than his problems he moved on to someone else.

Edited by watalife

That's me the stray.  I tell people I am an individual or a strong loner because it's better than saying I'm the monster.  I would love to know what it felt like to be loved.  I do know what it feels like to have teeth knocked out and bones broken and I know what it's like to be abused in every way and robbed and I do know what it's like to have people try to end my life.

2 minutes ago, sober4life said:

That's me the stray.  I tell people I am an individual or a strong loner because it's better than saying I'm the monster.  I would love to know what it felt like to be loved.  I do know what it feels like to have teeth knocked out and bones broken and I know what it's like to be abused in every way and robbed and I do know what it's like to have people try to end my life.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that you have had some really bad experiences. However, I am praying that things turn around for you and you get to feel what real love is all about.

38 minutes ago, watalife said:

If someone doesn't need you they won't call you or be around

If you won't let someone use you, they will also lose interest, even if they say they love you, blah blah blah 

Just called someone and he couldn't talk he was busy with his other children. I'm the one he had with the stray lady

Honestly I don't really care if we talk EVER but he has changed alot and I can't believe how he is never there for me when he is all I have. When my problems became more than his problems he moved on to someone less complicated.

Wow, 

52 minutes ago, Floor2017 said:

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that you have had some really bad experiences. However, I am praying that things turn around for you and you get to feel what real love is all about.

I have experienced what real love is all about.  It's the other person saying I love you to trick me.  If I'm dumb enough to believe them that's their cue to use and abuse me.

Edited by sober4life

21 hours ago, sober4life said:

I have experienced what real love is all about.  It's the other person saying I love you to trick me.  If I'm dumb enough to believe them that's their cue to use and abuse me.

I feel you and it can be very difficult to trust in people, especially when so many people have done you wrong 

On 1/7/2021 at 6:43 AM, Extremebeginner said:

... my point is that loneliness is not a horrible outcome if you can accept it, rather than fight it

That's usually called solitude. Loneliness is negative by definition.

There's a pandemic of loneliness during these crazy times.

My experience with fighting loneliness by seeking online connections has been dismal. A local friendship/networking site has produced nothing but illiterate, very boring and deeply dysfunctional people (not that I'm the pinnacle of functionality myself lol).  My conclusion is that very few nice, interesting and/or intelligent people frequent such sites. They all come off as difficult people. It's either that or my approach has been faulty. So-called dating sites produced even worse results.

Meeting the 'right' people online seems like the proverbial needle in a haystack. I actually have much more positive and meaningful interactions communicating with random people while shopping. Usually hard to transition that to friendship though. Online anonymity contributes to the problem. People can be pretty ignorant hiding behind a keyboard.

That being said, I always welcome suggestions. Most friends I had died, became very ill, moved or moved on in very bizarre ways. Long story. I'm in my mid-60s. The search for compatible people becomes increasingly difficult with age, it appears.

Normally I'd have more IRL resources, but covid has shut all meeting venues.

Hey guys, I used to battle with extreme depression which led to loneliness until I ran into this valuable book that changed my life for the better.. even if you're not much of a reader, you'll enjoy it. Trust me

Get this version of the book for FREE here. https://amzn.to/3sJXxMS  (choose audible free trial)

Life is all about perspective, change that & you will change your life. Love you all <3