Sign in to follow this  
EthanTarsem

I'm not sure if I have OCD?

Hi, back in September 2019 I was struggling with teenage acne. I was given a product containing zinc in which the doctor insisted I used on a daily basis for 3 months with prescriptions. The product made my skin very dry and a result I was reapplying moisturiser throughout the day to soothe my skin as it would get more itchy throughout the day. As my facial skin became more and more irritated my Mother suggested to stop using products with harmful ingredients. I cut everything out and started spending thirty minutes with my face in the sink washing my face and another thirty minutes drying my face twice a day, starting this from March 2020. To this day, every day I spend 2 hours of my day washing my face in the same way as i fear if i change the way i do it it will make my skin feel worse than it already is. I am currently 16 years old. I have not suffered from acne since and my skin has looked clearer, however every day within a couple hours of washing my face it feels tight and irritated again and i have been dealing with this by accepting it and waiting for night to come so I can wash my face and my face feels less itchy temporarily. I'm not sure if I have a medical condition regarding my skin being damaged or heavily broken or if it is OCD. I want to be able to diagnose the problem i have and learn to tackle it if possible as I do not enjoy spending so long washing and drying my face and my skin becoming itchy and tight regularly with no solution. 

Hi. It is okay to be self conscious with our appearance, but if you think that it's interfering with your life or how you feel about yourself, then I think you better see a professional to get you diagnosed and treated accordingly.