CJ70

Anyone feel more depressed when the sun goes down?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this! 🙂  Curious if anyone else gets a weird uneasy feeling when the sun goes down?  I don’t know what the deal is, maybe it’s anxiety or depression.  I start feeling uneasy and I really start thinking about death for some reason.  Not just my own mortality, but loved ones as well.  I think I need to go back on my antidepressants. 

Yes many people with mental illness get worse when the sun goes down.  I get more depressed and paranoid as well.  Usually by this time I think everyone is against me even the people here.  Every night when I go to bed I feel completely alone in the world.

Thank you! I wasn’t sure if it was a common thing.  I’m sorry you struggle as well.  It’s awful to feel alone.  Especially when there are people in your life, yet they aren’t supportive or there for you.  😞 
I wish I could turn off my brain sometimes as it is not benefiting me to think so catastrophically.  Probably why I reach for the wine far too often.  Not good either. 

Just now, CJ70 said:

I wish I could turn off my brain sometimes as it is not benefiting me to think so catastrophically.

Me also CJ70.  Lots here with their own diagnosis, seem to share the wish that their brain would give up racing to a bad ending.  "Catastrophically" is a great word here, catastrophic thinking. 

Bulgakov

It’s not beneficial to think that way.  The thing is, I know this, yet I do still do it.  I’m sure I’m not alone here. 

Its also possible that we are more tired at the end of the day, and that can make it easier to get carried away with unhelpful thoughts. I went through different periods of believing times or places were making me worse. Strangely dark rainy days were my best places, the sun shining depressed me further as I saw it as a time I should be happier.... 

Like Watalife I am happiest when its closest to bedtime, but in summarywhilst we are all in this together, we are all different too

I get that feeling, too especially before bedtime , like when I'm lying on my bed. I start to have that kind of thoughts. I can feel the pain as if it's happening right there and then, and I have to shrug the thoughts off, maybe watch a movie.

I too have the same problem and sometimes I feel sad on rainy days. I know this is because of PTSD in my case. Because when the sun left me, I begin to remember those horrible incidents that happened to my life. This has been a routine in my life. My therapy for PTSD is going well; that's the reason why I still have not committed suicide. My therapist [link removed - see member for content]  gave me more confidence and gave some tips to overcome fear. He also advised me how to handle situations with more courage.

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove link

On 1/1/2021 at 8:42 PM, CJ70 said:

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this! 🙂  Curious if anyone else gets a weird uneasy feeling when the sun goes down?  I don’t know what the deal is, maybe it’s anxiety or depression.  I start feeling uneasy and I really start thinking about death for some reason.  Not just my own mortality, but loved ones as well.  I think I need to go back on my antidepressants. 

Yes I do too, the fall and winter are the most horrible months for me.  I use a light therapy lamp for the really bad days, sometimes I think it works and others no. How is the weather in AZ? I assume is that for Arizona?? I've never been but I thought maybe it wouldn't be so hard on people who live there are as far dealing with not seeing the sun..

Doesn't bother me now I just turn on the TV . The world is quite, everyone is quite. There is nothing to worry about then. I think the day bothers me most because I can't just sit in the house I have to go somewhere. Whether I buy anything or not I go to a store. Exercising would depress me. 😆