Today is My Birthday - it's just another day at this point

Maxx55

It's my birthday today and I can say at this time, I am so over birthdays I am trying to not let bother me anymore. The days of birthday parties, birthday cakes, and presents are over. Sure I get a lot of messages from my friends and family on social media, but that's it. I haven't received a birthday present since 2015. 2016, my own mother forgot my birthday....that hurt. 2017, mom had passed away in August so she wasn't around. 2018 and 2019 it was just my dad and I. We had dinner at his house, like we normally do, but nothing really special. 2020 with all of the COVID-19 and our governor banning in-room dining I wasn't expecting much. It turned out to be a little better because my dad made one of my favorite meals, but doesn't take too much to prep. Beef pot roast with onions, potatoes, carrots, beef broth and cooked in a crockpot. 

I guess I will need to give myself my own presents from now on. 

Side note - I think my dad is suffering from depression too. It's been 3 years since my mom passed and he told me tonight that he feels lonely and asked if I had ever felt the same (all the time dad). Then he is greeted by the kitty that I got for him after our other two cats passed away (2018 & 2019).