I’m sick of hearing I think so negative

candy22

A lot of things are chaotic in my life (from dealing with pain, depression, finances and employment). Whenever, I express how I feel to anyone they say I’m being negative. I’m sorry I don’t always think positive thinking somehow makes you have less problems. The reality is I have a lot I’m dealing with and my depression worsened when I get overwhelmed. 

Basically why people act that way is because people are selfish and only want to talk about themselves.  This isn't a world where you can discuss your problems and get solutions for those problems unless you're paying the other person.  That's the sad truth.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Basically why people act that way is because people are selfish and only want to talk about themselves.  This isn't a world where you can discuss your problems and get solutions for those problems unless you're paying the other person.  That's the sad truth.

Yes, you are right! 

How is anyone expected to act “positive” given the state of things (both in the world and our own lives). People who are always positive, bright, cheerful, outgoing, etc. have no idea what it’s like living in this world with depression. And they don’t care. If you’re not as happy as they are then they don’t want to hear it. Everybody talks about how we’re all in this together, how you should express your feelings and all that...but that’s all a big lie. Nobody cares about anyone else and even less for those of us with depression. Do we like being so negative? I can’t speak for everyone with depression, but is there really any other option when things are the way they are?

Yeah it's very true most people say we're all in this together on tv or radio.  The guy I listen to every morning said We're not in this together.  Nobody is in this with you absolutely nobody.  He tells it like it really is and that's why I listen.  Why do companies say that?  They're afraid to lose us and even more likely they make commercials that say those words at around the same time they want everyone to know about a big donation they are going to make to some cause.  You know a donation that they will write off with their taxes and we'll pay for.  The correct way to be in this world right now is like Oscar the Grouch.

I've learned no one wants to be around a negative person so you lose company.Instead of saying negative things just be "light" not negative not positive.Put on a fake smile and act out a little positive vibes.They won't notice your faking it and will enjoy your company more.Who knows it may become a good thing for you.

Whoever said that is ignorant, and very naive about the world they're living in!

I feel they missed an opportunity to be an actual real person. Instead of being so fake, and believing all of that positive thinking all the time B.S.

Some feel the need to protect themselves from anyone that's in emotional pain. There's that saying that goes something like "you'll become depressed yourself if you're around a depressed person." I get not wanting to hear an angry person, because anyone that's angry will likely speak nonsense. But someone in need... It's really sad to dismiss someone who specifically chose you to confide in.

I say that because I'm someone who values deep connections vs shallow ones. What you're going through is valid. Period.